FA: Thomas Kinkade ORIGINAL "Home for the Evening"

Old December 9th 05, 01:51 PM posted to alt.art.marketplace,rec.arts.fine,rec.collecting,alt.marketing.online.ebay

Default Thomas Kinkade ORIGINAL "Home for the Evening"

Here's what I want to know: tell me what museum I can go see a Kinkade
original in. I want to know what it hangs next to. Is it contemporary
art, in the room with the pile of light bulbs on the floor? Is it in
the impressionist room, next to a Renoir? Is it in the American
'nostalgic' art room, next to a Norman Rockwell?

Old December 9th 05, 02:19 PM posted to alt.art.marketplace,rec.arts.fine,rec.collecting,alt.marketing.online.ebay

On 9 Dec 2005 05:51:48 -0800, "sir_haxalot"
wrote:

Here's what I want to know: tell me what museum I can go see a Kinkade
original in. I want to know what it hangs next to. Is it contemporary
art, in the room with the pile of light bulbs on the floor? Is it in
the impressionist room, next to a Renoir? Is it in the American
'nostalgic' art room, next to a Norman Rockwell?

While Kinkade deserves to be hung only in the Museum of Bad Art, that
an artist is represented in a museum's collection is not an indication
that the work will please you.

Spend a day in, for example, MOMA (the Museum of Modern Art) in NYC
and you find yourself standing in front of many, many pieces that will
make you wonder why they deserve to be displayed as "art".

It wasn't in MOMA, but I once saw a 40 foot long or so canvas covered
with broken cups and plates embedded in thick acrylic. It was the
featured exhibition at a major NYC museum. Art? Not to me, but
someone thought so.

Rockwell? A competent illustrationist who produced pleasant cover
illustrations for the Saturday Evening Post. Nice warm and fuzzy
stuff. Museum-quality art, though? Comparable to Constable or
Turner, though? Or, should his work be in the room with Skelton's
clowns and Keane's portraits of children with thyroid problems?

--

Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL
Old December 9th 05, 05:39 PM posted to alt.art.marketplace,rec.arts.fine,rec.collecting,alt.marketing.online.ebay

I totally agree, I'm not saying that I have to be pleased by artwork, I
was just wondering where a Kinkade would go stylistically to hang with
peers. Actually, at our city's major art museum we have a Rockwell oil
painting, which I like a lot, and it seems to hang as a peer in a room
of other american nostalgia and blue-collar imagery.

Old December 9th 05, 10:03 PM posted to alt.art.marketplace,rec.arts.fine,rec.collecting,alt.marketing.online.ebay

On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 14:19:50 GMT, Tony Cooper
wrote:

Rockwell? A competent illustrationist who produced pleasant cover
illustrations for the Saturday Evening Post. Nice warm and fuzzy
stuff. Museum-quality art, though? Comparable to Constable or
Turner, though? Or, should his work be in the room with Skelton's
clowns and Keane's portraits of children with thyroid problems?

Rockwell isn't allowed in the modern sections of museums because it
would allow people to compare his competence to the charlatinism on
which curators have spent multi-millions on.

Old December 11th 05, 06:50 PM posted to alt.art.marketplace,rec.arts.fine,rec.collecting,alt.marketing.online.ebay

Keep ****ing into the wind Mani

Old December 11th 05, 08:52 PM posted to alt.art.marketplace,rec.arts.fine,rec.collecting,alt.marketing.online.ebay

wrote:

Rockwell? A competent illustrationist who produced pleasant cover
illustrations for the Saturday Evening Post. Nice warm and fuzzy
stuff. Museum-quality art, though? Comparable to Constable or
Turner, though? Or, should his work be in the room with Skelton's
clowns and Keane's portraits of children with thyroid problems?

Rockwell isn't allowed in the modern sections of museums because it
would allow people to compare his competence to the charlatinism on
which curators have spent multi-millions on.

"If I could start over again, I'd paint like Picasso."

http://www.villagevoice.com/art/0146...,29883,13.html

Old December 11th 05, 11:16 PM posted to alt.art.marketplace,rec.arts.fine,rec.collecting,alt.marketing.online.ebay

Why my darling Mani,

You are soaking wet.

Have you been ****ing in the wind again?

Old December 11th 05, 11:21 PM posted to alt.art.marketplace,rec.arts.fine,rec.collecting,alt.marketing.online.ebay

Don't read much do you?

"If I could start over again, I'd paint like Picasso."

http://www.villagevoice.com/art/0146...,29883,13.html

Star Trek cards for auctionne! Lynne Stewart Cards:- non-sport 0 September 27th 04 01:50 AM
NEW TRADE LIST Ray Morgan Basketball 0 January 20th 04 02:42 PM
FS - Football Singles The Dogger Football (US) 0 November 5th 03 12:04 AM
FS - Early 90's Football (Long List) LD Football (US) 0 October 16th 03 12:58 AM
CPK Dolls & Misc Items--- FS Sue from NY General 0 August 28th 03 05:53 PM