FA: Thomas Kinkade ORIGINAL "Home for the Evening"

Old December 5th 05, 04:33 PM posted to alt.art.marketplace,rec.arts.fine,rec.collecting,alt.marketing.online.ebay

Default Thomas Kinkade ORIGINAL "Home for the Evening"

"Angrie.Woman" wrote in message
news
Mani Deli wrote:
On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 17:23:43 GMT, "Kris Baker"
wrote:

"Mani Deli" wrote in message
news The people who pay for Kinkade don't give a **** about what you'lld
rather buy.
Ah, but that's where you're wrong. Theyll'd [sic] be caring a LOT
when they try to profit from their "investments"....which is how this
crapmeister has sold his wares fromt he beginning. He's the
silkscreen version of "collector plates".

Never the less, the people who pay for Kinkade don't give a **** about
what you'lld rather buy.

They will when they go to sell it in an effort to pay some retirement
expenses.

She doesn't get it. Obviously, she has a large "investment" that's going
to pay for her to retire in luxury.

Kris

Old December 5th 05, 04:35 PM posted to alt.art.marketplace,rec.arts.fine,rec.collecting,alt.marketing.online.ebay

wrote in message
oups.com...

And things may be getting smellier than a rotting fish:

http://www.ibfn.org/news/newsarticle.asp?a=351

Didn't they know that, going in? Didn't they remember those
nasty things floating in formaldehyde, in the science teacher's
closet?

Kris

Old December 6th 05, 02:07 AM posted to alt.art.marketplace,rec.arts.fine,rec.collecting,alt.marketing.online.ebay

The problem with Kinkade is not the work but the marketing.

If you like Kinkade fine. If you like paintings of kittens with big
eyes fine. Elvis on velvet fine.

Kinkade markets his work as an investment and as a "painter of light",
a spiritual guide.

He takes advantage of those who do not know any better

Old December 6th 05, 05:16 AM posted to alt.art.marketplace,rec.arts.fine,rec.collecting,alt.marketing.online.ebay

E. laBrett Ruus wrote:
I'd like some opinions on some of these other Thomas KinKade originals
please. Some of them are a bit startling. He's more versatile than I was
led to believe.

http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=1918

http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=1928

LoL; they're great.
Cheers;
CB

Old December 6th 05, 05:23 AM posted to alt.art.marketplace,rec.arts.fine,rec.collecting,alt.marketing.online.ebay

artangel wrote:
The problem with Kinkade is not the work but the marketing.

If you like Kinkade fine. If you like paintings of kittens with big
eyes fine. Elvis on velvet fine.

This is only true if you look at decorative wallpaper as the highest
aspiration of art. OTOH, if you accept that art represents the
fundamental beliefs of the artist, and that some belief systems are not
just wrong, but fundamentally destestable, then the "I'm OK, you're OK"
philosophy just doesn't cut it.

Kinkade markets his work as an investment and as a "painter of light",
a spiritual guide.

He takes advantage of those who do not know any better

You mean people should not be responsible for their own decisions? Then
who will be responsible in their stead?

CB

Old December 6th 05, 10:05 AM posted to alt.art.marketplace,rec.arts.fine,rec.collecting,alt.marketing.online.ebay

artangel wrote:
The problem with Kinkade is not the work but the marketing.

If you like Kinkade fine. If you like paintings of kittens with big
eyes fine. Elvis on velvet fine.

Kinkade markets his work as an investment and as a "painter of light",
a spiritual guide.

He takes advantage of those who do not know any better

I think Kinkade's pictures are pleasant enough, although they get really
boring after a while.

The thing that irritates me is how he markets his "Christianity." Where
I come from, real Christians are not greedy enough to make millions off
of innocent buyers who think they are supporting a Godly man.

mjoann

Old December 6th 05, 04:33 PM posted to alt.art.marketplace,rec.arts.fine,rec.collecting,alt.marketing.online.ebay

On 5 Dec 2005 20:23:20 -0800, "chris"
wrote:

artangel wrote:
The problem with Kinkade is not the work but the marketing.

If you like Kinkade fine. If you like paintings of kittens with big
eyes fine. Elvis on velvet fine.

This is only true if you look at decorative wallpaper as the highest
aspiration of art. OTOH, if you accept that art represents the
fundamental beliefs of the artist, and that some belief systems are not
just wrong, but fundamentally destestable, then the "I'm OK, you're OK"
philosophy just doesn't cut it.

I can't agree that any art is fundamentally detestable. I can
certainly agree that some art is detestable to me, but that's personal
perspective. As long as there's someone out there who likes it, art
is not fundamentally detestable.

I can't really follow that bit about "belief systems". It seems that
you are saying that an atheist cannot appreciate religious art because
the atheist thinks the belief system itself is fundamentally flawed.

I remember seeing a canvas that was all white except for one small
square of red in some Manhattan museum. MOMA or the Guggenheim, I
think. I was thinking "This guy's scamming us passing this off as
art", but someone on the museum acquisition committee found artistic
value in it. Who's to say which of us was wrong?

--

Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL
Old December 6th 05, 05:39 PM posted to alt.art.marketplace,rec.arts.fine,rec.collecting,alt.marketing.online.ebay

"E. laBrett Ruus" wrote in message
I'd like some opinions on some of these other Thomas KinKade originals
please. Some of them are a bit startling. He's more versatile than I was
led to believe.

http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=1918

http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=1928

Oh. My. God. Those are great.

I just spit coffee all over the dog....

Kris

Old December 6th 05, 05:46 PM posted to alt.art.marketplace,rec.arts.fine,rec.collecting,alt.marketing.online.ebay

"E. laBrett Ruus" wrote in message
I'd like some opinions on some of these other Thomas KinKade originals
please. Some of them are a bit startling. He's more versatile than I was
led to believe.

http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=1918

http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=1928

This page fits right into the "stump-broken cow" theme so popular
on AMOE:
http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=1918&p=6

.....and this is perfect.
http://images.somethingawful.com/ins...e/Kanzune2.jpg

Laughing. Go through them all.

Kris

Old December 6th 05, 05:48 PM posted to alt.art.marketplace,rec.arts.fine,rec.collecting,alt.marketing.online.ebay

"mjoann" wrote in message
artangel wrote:
The problem with Kinkade is not the work but the marketing.

If you like Kinkade fine. If you like paintings of kittens with big
eyes fine. Elvis on velvet fine.

Kinkade markets his work as an investment and as a "painter of light",
a spiritual guide.

He takes advantage of those who do not know any better

I think Kinkade's pictures are pleasant enough, although they get really
boring after a while.

The thing that irritates me is how he markets his "Christianity." Where I
come from, real Christians are not greedy enough to make millions off of
innocent buyers who think they are supporting a Godly man.

mjoann

He's just the painterly version of Falwell, Robertson, and that "Purpose
Driven Life" guy.

Kris

Star Trek cards for auctionne! Lynne Stewart Cards:- non-sport 0 September 27th 04 01:50 AM
NEW TRADE LIST Ray Morgan Basketball 0 January 20th 04 03:42 PM
FS - Football Singles The Dogger Football (US) 0 November 5th 03 01:04 AM
FS - Early 90's Football (Long List) LD Football (US) 0 October 16th 03 12:58 AM
CPK Dolls & Misc Items--- FS Sue from NY General 0 August 28th 03 05:53 PM