Ebay dealer question

Old September 2nd 06, 09:41 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
[email protected]

Default Ebay dealer question

Was wondering if anyone here has had any experiance with a ebay dealer
that uses the ID globalsportsstars ? I checked the "X" list they're
not mentioned on it,their feedback seems OK. I recently got interested
in getting sigs from the cast of Gilligans Island,and was searching on
ebay when I found this one :

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tina-Louise-Gill...QQcmdZViewItem

Anyone know where I might find a known genunine sig of Ms.Louise ?
Anyone know of someone who specializes in this type material ? Thanks.

Old September 3rd 06, 04:35 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Well, I am not familiar with the autographs he's selling so I can't
vouch for authenticity per se; my frist thought was he might be legit
because he has a lot of unsigned photos (better to sign those unsigned
photos and sell them for more right?); and then I see where there's
like a few Playboy Playmates who he says did signings and he's done
signings with them (has holograms etc); but something bothers me.

He's got a LOT of names he went under before. I am zonked right now
and want to go night night; but I would suggest typing those name into
Seller search and reading their feedbacks.

there's always a reason to change a name and it is usually because of
bad feedbacks or other problems that are NOT good for the general
public. Now there was a time when they suggested people stop using
their email as their ID and I was one who listened and changed it,
leaving out the email part. A lot did that at that time, but why else
would you change your name more than a half dozen times in about 4
years.

Feedbacks indicated a little less than honest (two allude to not
getting what was advertised) and a couple people said he doesn't anwer
emails after many attempts. but overall, I didn't see any major other
things that were worrisome.

I'd still question why so many ID changes... I'd be leary until I
knew.

Old September 3rd 06, 03:05 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
[email protected]

On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 23:35:52 -0400, Sue H wrote:

Sue,
Thanks for the reply. I email the seller and he replied that the
reason for all the ID changes was that he was selling for other
people.I'm not that familiar with ebay,so I'm not sure if this is a
common practice or not. I'm not that familiar with the more advanced
search features ,ie,Seller search. I tried the advanced search,items
by seller,used some of the older ID's,came up blank.Could you briefly
explain how to check/search the past ID's? Thanks.

Old September 3rd 06, 06:12 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Ah, well I see; Ebay changed it's search. You can no longer go back
longer than 30 days. Another tool to help sellers! WRONG. We should
be able to track their past doings!

However, I did track sportslegends who had a 99.6% rating which seems
good but same problems..never recieved times (a few) and no answer to
emails...

my-entertainment1 had a 99.3 rating; changed his user ID within 30
days from the previous one (I am backtracking) He was selling large
quantities of CHEAP baseball 8x10's in bulk... Selling from New
Jersey.

Landoflegends2 also changed ID within 30 days. Also selling CHEAP by
cheap I mean under 10 bucks... baseball 8x10's same rating. selling
from New Jersey

I couldn't find anything OnMy-Entertainment

Or Metstar

However, bad news on the first one; devmichaels had listed stuff on
another auction and had dissatisfied customers who never got their
stuff. I could find no more out.

When you can't find their past doings on Ebay because items removed
etc. You can Google it and hit "cached". This sometimes brings you
up information.

Hard to tell on this guy. If he was selling stuff for other people
you have to ask why. Why can't they list their own? If he's listing
stuff for others and continually changing ID's? Why isn't he keeping
his own ID separate? To sign up for a new ID, you have to use your
credit card and bank account. Would you sell for other people using
your information?

Just a few questions to ask. He could be legit. Stellar he's not.
Worried about 1.99 8x10 signed by famous ball players... what you need
to do now, is check out the sigs there with a pro. Barring a real
knowledgable person saying things ok, I'd skip it. Too much unknowns
for me; but then again, I am a cynical person by nature.

Old September 3rd 06, 06:16 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

PS in my opinion, listing stuff for people for 30 days or less and
having to change your ID if you are legit, may give people the idea
you are a bad dealer. Especially if previoius auctions are
unviewable. People may think you ran from something... but then
again, I am looking at it from a pessimisstic point of view. Maybe
there's a good way to look at it?

Old September 3rd 06, 10:00 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

i'm not familiar with the seller, nor did i look up their items...don't
know their other names etc..
but you're right, it seems odd they would change their id's...but at
the same time, you can look all that stuff up with the change of id's,
so it would seem that this person is not trying to hide something.
maybe he/she/it was selling stuff and they knew that it might sell for
a better price if their name was computerguy2u, when they were selling
computers or computer parts. then they changed to autographseller when
they wanted to sell autographs, and recorddealer when they were selling
records. i don't know. but name does give an indication of what you are
selling too, if you have the intention of selling as a business...
i mean, the guy selling autographs doesn't have a seller name of
dungbeetle, do they? the guy selling camera parts doesn't have a name
like sellingjunk4u, should they? do you get my point...
those people who have the "We Sell it on ebay" stores, they change
their seller name all the time...i don't know why, but they
do...there's one right by my condo. and in the time i've talked to the
guy who runs it (he lives in my building) he tells me it's sometimes
suggested by evay to change your name depending on when you start to
specialize (yes, in some areas, people sell specific stuff in those
places.) they all work together too, so sometimes a guy who's got a
good group of clients buying collectibles, the seller across town would
bring that guy his colectibles and they would sort of trade if the
other guy sells like antiques...
then, the area's markets change, and the seller name changes as well,
just to reflect what they are selling...
and to be honest, these are really the only reasons i can see for
changing names...other than that, it does seem odd...but at least the
above makes sense.
mike

Old September 4th 06, 07:02 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

They've been selling autographs all the way through; so that theory
doesn't hold.

Old September 4th 06, 07:12 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

like i said...i didn't look him up.