Italian coin from 1943 - Mussolini

Old June 19th 14, 09:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Default Italian coin from 1943 - Mussolini

On Monday, February 15, 1999 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Don wrote:
Hi all,

Could anyone help me here please. I was cleaning out a cupboard and I found
a Lire 20 coin with Mussolini's profile on it, and an inscription in Italian
"Meglio vivere un giorno da leone che cento anni da pecora". The coin is
dated MCMXLIII (the year he was killed).

It has been put into a sort of clasp so that it can be worn as a pendant.
Does anyone know what it might be worth, if anything ?

TIA

Donal Carey

I have to agree with william h Mcintyre....only because my mother from the old country...pescarra/abruzzi/san victorina knew him early on...her brother my uncle deni,fought for king emmanual/pope...and with the partisons caught the sob..we used to discuss coins he gave her....none had his face on them...she had a similar coin in gold,,but its not el duce'...and put away for the kids,for their future, sorry,its the last king however,,her coin.......victor E 111..peace