US postmark.

Old August 6th 09, 10:50 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default US postmark.

I wonder if this is merely a random aux mark,
or a postmark of significance.
Thanks
http://cjoint.com/data/iglVNoDndQ.htm

1922 is a typo

Old August 6th 09, 11:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Another one.

A random pmk? or a wonky Precancel?

http://cjoint.com/data/igmazHZeGF.htm

Old August 6th 09, 01:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Jim[_11_]

rodney wrote:
I wonder if this is merely a random aux mark,
or a postmark of significance.
Thanks
http://cjoint.com/data/iglVNoDndQ.htm

1922 is a typo

The symbol shown is for the United Way, may have been part of a cancel
to promote giving to that charity.
Old August 6th 09, 01:45 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Onya Jim.
thankyou very much.
I thought it to be something like that.

"Jim" wrote in message
m...

Old August 6th 09, 01:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ryan Davenport

rodney wrote:
I wonder if this is merely a random aux mark,
or a postmark of significance.
Thanks
http://cjoint.com/data/iglVNoDndQ.htm

That would be the United Way logo.

http://tinyurl.com/mznrf4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Way_of_America

Ryan

Old August 6th 09, 04:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Aug 6, 8:28*am, Jim wrote:
rodney wrote:
I wonder if this is merely a random aux mark,
or a postmark of significance.
Thanks
http://cjoint.com/data/iglVNoDndQ.htm

1922 is a typo

The symbol shown is for the United Way, may have been part of a cancel
to promote giving to that charity.

Further to Jim's answer.
This is possibly part of a United Way promotional cancel
from California, St Mary's county, Maryland, USA.

Blair
Old August 7th 09, 12:10 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Thanks Blair,
yes, it looked to clean and exact, to be merely
a part of a misplaced slogan cancel, although strange things do happen.

"Blair"

Old August 8th 09, 11:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_2_]

On Thu, 06 Aug 2009 18:03:22 +0800, rodney wrote:

A random pmk? or a wonky Precancel?

Not a precancel. I believe it is a parcel cancel -- I frequently have
seen such stamps "on piece" affixed to brown wrapping paper. I can't
back that up, however. ;^)

--
Joshua H. McGee
San Marino, Los Angeles, California, USA, Earth
Old August 8th 09, 11:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Thanks Joshua.

"Joshua McGee" wrote in message
On Thu, 06 Aug 2009 18:03:22 +0800, rodney wrote:

A random pmk? or a wonky Precancel?

Not a precancel. I believe it is a parcel cancel -- I frequently have
seen such stamps "on piece" affixed to brown wrapping paper. I can't
back that up, however. ;^)

--
Joshua H. McGee
San Marino, Los Angeles, California, USA, Earth
Member: APS, ATA, ISWSC, MBPC
Trade?: http://www.mcgees.org/stamp-offers/

Postmark Peter Baumann[_2_] General Discussion 9 June 22nd 09 10:52 PM
US postmark. rodney General Discussion 6 April 13th 09 12:56 AM
Postmark ID please Gerhard Reichert General Discussion 7 April 23rd 07 06:37 PM
Any help with this stamp and postmark ?? Alan General Discussion 5 May 25th 06 01:56 AM
Postmark collecting [email protected] General Discussion 2 December 4th 05 04:02 AM