PNC's.

Old August 10th 09, 04:57 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default PNC's.

Is there a general knowledge link one can learn about the basics of these?
I am not collecting, but curious.
I have heard it's fantastic by the flyspeckers,
and others, a big Ho Hum.

How often does the number appear on the coil?
Must you collect 3 stamps with the pnc in the middle etc?
http://cjoint.com/data/ikf1sRre5b.htm

Thanks.

Old August 10th 09, 06:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

I think this website may be of help - http://platenumbercoilcollectors.com/
Old August 10th 09, 06:55 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Thanks Rudy,
the link is now
http://www.pnc3.org/

Old August 10th 09, 10:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_4_]

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 11:57:21 +0800, rodney wrote:

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 13:55:37 +0800, rodney wrote:

How often does the number appear on the coil? Must you collect 3 stamps
with the pnc in the middle etc? http://cjoint.com/data/ikf1sRre5b.htm

I only know about the US, where it usually every 20, IIRC.

By the way, people used to collect PNC3s. Then the vogue changed to
PNC5s. Now it is moving to PNC7s. I'm pretty sure that this is mostly
driven by dealers: to sell stamps around the plate number stamp that
would otherwise be just discount postage, and, more sneakily, make
obsolete all the old collections with the shorter lengths. AFAIK dealers
squirrel away entire rolls, so that they will be future-proof.

When I'm sorting kiloware as part of charity stamp drives (to sell to
Swan or whatever), I set apart the PNC stamps -- on commercial mail, they
show up the predicted 5% of the time. On philatelic mail, they show up
less frequently, of course.

On another coil note, the "Commemorative Coils" of the "Flags of Our
Nation", each installment featuring ten stamps, are listed by Scott as
two strips of 5 so that they will be easier to mount. Anyone care to
guess what sort of premium will be applied to full strips of ten in 20 -
30 years? I think we've discussed that here before, and some thought
demand would *never* outpace the supply in dealers' stocks, but I'm not
so sure.

--
Joshua H. McGee
San Marino, Los Angeles, California, USA, Earth
Old August 11th 09, 01:35 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Thanks Joshua,
I found the pnc collectors club offered little info for new collectors.
rodney

"Joshua McGee"

Old August 11th 09, 01:42 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On Aug 10, 5:48*pm, Joshua McGee wrote:
[...]

Try this link http://www.uspsdistricts.com/provdist/
then click Philatelic Phinds Inventory Coils and you can get a
little information on how often the plate numbers appear. It vairies
greatly in some cases.
Usually the high values have plate numbers much closer than the one
centers.

Ralphael, the OLD one