Stipula Etruria "converter" needed

Old August 30th 07, 04:44 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
[email protected]

Default Stipula Etruria "converter" needed

Hi,

I have a Stipula Etruria from a few years back. It doesn't
really have a regular converter; it's large and fits into
a cap on the end of the body so it can be operated similar
to a piston (the cap turns, but doesn't move in/out). You don't
open the pen to fill it and never see the converter. I hope this is
a good description.

The problem for me is that the converter broke down. I've
cleaned out the pieces, but looking on the web I don't see
any for sale anywhere. Does anyone know where to get another
one, or even what I should correctly call it?

Thanks for any ideas.

Old August 30th 07, 06:30 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Stephen Hust

wrote:

I have a Stipula Etruria from a few years back. It doesn't
really have a regular converter; it's large and fits into
a cap on the end of the body so it can be operated similar
to a piston (the cap turns, but doesn't move in/out). You don't
open the pen to fill it and never see the converter. I hope
this is a good description.

The problem for me is that the converter broke down. I've
cleaned out the pieces, but looking on the web I don't see
any for sale anywhere. Does anyone know where to get another
one, or even what I should correctly call it?

I can't help you with getting a replacement, but it is apparently
called a "convertible piston filler".

It's mentioned he

http://www.stipula.it/works_detail.php?user=e67b734b3b49edb1456bd5368205 8f6e&id_prodotto=410042

And there are a couple of pictures here near the bottom of the
page:

http://fountainpenreview.blogspot.com/2006/01/stipula-etruria-ocean-blue-review.html

Is that the right one?

It *sounds* as if it will take a normal, smaller converter, but
you'd have to remove the barrel every time you fill it. A couple
of websites have Stipula (or "Stipula style") converters for sale,
such as:

http://www.bertramsinkwell.com/catalog_i3334928.html?catId=127813

On the following page, you have to select the refill type
("Fountain Pen Converter") from the dropdown list:

http://www.fountainpenhospital.com/refills/refills_ct.asp?MFG=Stipula

Maybe before you order you could write and inquire whether the
converter will really fit the pen.

--
Steve

My e-mail address works as is.
Old August 31st 07, 02:37 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
[email protected]

On Aug 30, 1:30 am, Stephen Hust wrote:
wrote:
I have a Stipula Etruria from a few years back. It doesn't
really have a regular converter; it's large and fits into
a cap on the end of the body so it can be operated similar
to a piston (the cap turns, but doesn't move in/out). You don't
open the pen to fill it and never see the converter. I hope
this is a good description.

I can't help you with getting a replacement, but it is apparently
called a "convertible piston filler".

It's mentioned he

http://www.stipula.it/works_detail.php?user=e67b734b3b49edb1456bd5368...

And there are a couple of pictures here near the bottom of the
page:

http://fountainpenreview.blogspot.com/2006/01/stipula-etruria-ocean-b...

Is that the right one?

That's it, the big can.

It *sounds* as if it will take a normal, smaller converter, but
you'd have to remove the barrel every time you fill it. A couple
of websites have Stipula (or "Stipula style") converters for sale,
such as:

http://www.bertramsinkwell.com/catalog_i3334928.html?catId=127813

On the following page, you have to select the refill type
("Fountain Pen Converter") from the dropdown list:

http://www.fountainpenhospital.com/refills/refills_ct.asp?MFG=Stipula

I got that one, thanks. It does fit on, but I haven't filled it yet.

Maybe before you order you could write and inquire whether the
converter will really fit the pen.

I'm going to email around for the "convertible piston filler". It was
more
convenient and held a LOT of ink. At least I'll know the right term
(and
a link to a photo).

Thanks.

Chris