FA: Dracula, 1st edition (1897)

Old September 21st 07, 08:31 PM posted to alt.horror,rec.arts.books,rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.books.marketplace
Killer Kane

Default FA: Dracula, 1st edition (1897)

"Dr Walpurgis" wrote:

You'd be better off with one of those hundreds of Pan books they used to
sell in Woolies when we were kids. They were only 25 new pence each, if I
remember correctly.

50p in 1976, but yes, a much better read.

Old September 21st 07, 08:33 PM posted to alt.horror,rec.arts.books,rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.books.marketplace
Killer Kane

"Dr Walpurgis" wrote:

It's a rubbish book anyway. Have you ever tried to read it? I wouldn't
give you TUPPENCE for it.

It was like reading someone's diary. Give me a proper horror novel like
SLUGS any day.

Old September 21st 07, 08:46 PM posted to alt.horror,rec.arts.books,rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.books.marketplace
the dog from that film you saw

On 2007-09-21 08:48:57 +0100, "bod" said:

http://snipr.com/Dracula1897

Winning bid $5,200

what do you want? a ****ing blue peter badge?

It's a rubbish book anyway. Have you ever tried to read it? I wouldn't
give you TUPPENCE for it.

rightly so....if i want to read a proper horror book youd be better off
with a bit of james herbert.

when i was in senior school the library had all the james herbert books.
the silly over the top sex scene descritions were priceless - even garth
merenghi couldnt manage to be as daft as the real thing.

--
Gareth.

That fly... is your magic wand.
http://www.last.fm/user/dsbmusic/

Old September 21st 07, 09:12 PM posted to alt.horror,rec.arts.books,rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.books.marketplace
Killer Kane

"the dog from that film you saw" wrote:

when i was in senior school the library had all the james herbert books.
the silly over the top sex scene descritions were priceless - even garth
merenghi couldnt manage to be as daft as the real thing.

It was Sven Hassel in my schooldays.

http://www.dansmith.info/hassel/books.asp

Old September 21st 07, 09:40 PM posted to alt.horror,rec.arts.books,rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.books.marketplace
Dr Walpurgis

On 2007-09-21 20:33:57 +0100, "Killer Kane"
said:

It's a rubbish book anyway. Have you ever tried to read it? I wouldn't
give you TUPPENCE for it.

It was like reading someone's diary.

Aye. A BAD NIGEL DEMPSTER COLUMN stretched out to EIGHT HUNDRED PAGES.

--
"This whole thread was begun by a troll from the alt. horror newsgroup
which sadly appears to house a motley crew of disturbed and unpleasant

Old September 21st 07, 09:41 PM posted to alt.horror,rec.arts.books,rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.books.marketplace
Dr Walpurgis

On 2007-09-21 20:46:31 +0100, "the dog from that film you saw"
said:

http://snipr.com/Dracula1897

Winning bid $5,200

what do you want? a ****ing blue peter badge?

It's a rubbish book anyway. Have you ever tried to read it? I wouldn't
give you TUPPENCE for it.

rightly so....if i want to read a proper horror book youd be better off
with a bit of james herbert.

when i was in senior school the library had all the james herbert books.
the silly over the top sex scene descritions were priceless - even garth
merenghi couldnt manage to be as daft as the real thing.

You PEELED YOUR LEEK over those, didn't you, you DIRTY BOY.

Old September 22nd 07, 05:53 AM posted to alt.horror,rec.arts.books,rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.books.marketplace
Rich Clancey

In rec.arts.books Dr Walpurgis wrote:
It's a rubbish book anyway. Have you ever tried to read it? I wouldn't
give you TUPPENCE for it.

Unbelievably dull and slow paced. I don't know
how it became famous, that first movie of it was also
a snorer.

--
rich clancey
"Shun those who deny we have eyes in order to see, and instead say we

Old September 22nd 07, 09:31 AM posted to alt.horror,rec.arts.books,rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.books.marketplace
Rob Fleece

"bod" wrote in message
what do you want? a ****ing blue peter badge?

Hey, just coz you don't have any books worth more than a dry tit sack don't
mean you gotta be jealous of the seller.

Old September 22nd 07, 09:41 AM posted to alt.horror,rec.arts.books,rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.books.marketplace
bod

"Rob Fleece" wrote in message
.. .
"bod" wrote in message
what do you want? a ****ing blue peter badge?

Hey, just coz you don't have any books worth more than a dry tit sack
don't
mean you gotta be jealous of the seller.

i have plenty of PRICELESS BOOKS hidden in my garden shed!

--
regards from BOD!

"dont worry yoko, its only a friggin water pist...."
JOHN LENNON 1980

http://www.myspace.com/bodland
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=bodland

Old September 22nd 07, 11:03 AM posted to alt.horror,rec.arts.books,rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.books.marketplace
Dr Walpurgis

On 2007-09-22 05:53:01 +0100, Rich Clancey said:

It's a rubbish book anyway. Have you ever tried to read it? I wouldn't
give you TUPPENCE for it.

Unbelievably dull and slow paced. I don't know
how it became famous, that first movie of it was also
a snorer.

The first one, NOSFERATU, is one of the greatest horror movies of all
time, and still stands as one today.

You refer, I assume, to the first *American* version, which no one will
disagree is VERY POOR. The Spanish version shot-back-to-back on the
same sets is an improvement and worth checking out.