Kevin's IN PERSON 411...8/11

Old August 15th 03, 10:32 AM
GraphRackr

Default Kevin's IN PERSON 411...8/11

The newest HBO Project Greenlight subject, "The Battle of Shaker Heights"
premiere was held at the Universal Citywalk. It was a pretty low key event,
and most of the tourists and lookie loos had never even heard of the film, or
knew who was in it for that matter. Because they are still shooting "Project
Greenlight" each cast member had a camera crew following them, so I'm sure
we'll be on there in one form or another.

Producers CHRIS MOORE and JEFF BALIS signed for everyone that asked. One of
the other producers that attended was BEN AFFLECK sans JENNIFER LOPEZ and MATT
DAMON. BEN walked right over to the barricade saying, "It's nice to see the
professional autograph seekers working hard out here making a living." When I
held out my combo photo already signed by MATT DAMON he said, "Oh cool, you
have Matt on it already. After I sign it what are you gonna get for it? 3? 4
hundred?" I laughed and retorted, "Usually $75 - $100, but ever since "Gigli"
came out, I'd be lucky to get 5 bucks for it". I don't think he appreciated
that comment.

Cast members RAY WISE, ANSON MOUNT, KATHLEEN QUINLAN, and ELDEN HENSEN signed
for anyone that knew who they were. SHIA LEBEOUF signed one per person down
the entire line. He was outside for over an hour signing autographs and posing
for pictures. His co-star, AMY SMART was her usual nasty self, only signing a
few because the camera was on, and because her publicist forced her to.
Directors KYLE RANKIN and EFRAM POTELLE signed away, as did the writer of the
film, ERICA BEENY.

Others that attended the event and signed for anyone that asked we JASON
LONDON, KEVIN SMITH, American Pie castmates EDDIE KAYE THOMAS and SHANNON
ELIZABETH, JOHN WITHERSPOON, and DON CHEADLE. Indiana Pacers forward REGGIE
MILLER arrived with CHEADLE and signed away and took photos with anyone that
asked. This was a totally different REGGIE than I see during the season. This
guy is downright mean and nasty when the Pacers come in to play the Lakers and
Clippers.

CARMEN ELECTRA arrived a little late for the event, but she worked her way down
the line signing and posing for photos. A tourist asked CHERYL HINES if he
could take a photo of her. She stopped, and posed, then he said, "Are you
famous? If you are, who are you? and can you sign an autograph? If you're
not, I just wasted my film." What kind of stupid question/comment is that? If
you don't know who the person is, you don't need to know who it is, and you
don't need their photo or autograph. Time and time again, people see us
getting an autograph or taking a photo with, then they jump in to get one, too.
As soon as they get it, the ask the person, "Who are you?"

That's it for now...
Kevin

Old August 15th 03, 01:51 PM
JHNJB

Time and time again, people see us
getting an autograph or taking a photo with, then they jump in to get one, too.
As soon as they get it, the ask the person, "Who are you?"

YES!!!! So true. I've seen this happen so many times. I would never in my
life walk up to somebody, ask them for their autograph and then ask that person
"Who are you now?" Yet, it happens. Crazy.

Kevin, thanks for all the reports!
By the way, great line to Affleck about the "Gigli" movie. LOL! Classic.

JC