Its Cinderella time: B&D postal service.

Old October 23rd 07, 01:56 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default Its Cinderella time: B&D postal service.

http://cjoint.com/data/kxcWRHkQvN.htm
featuring the marvelous morrie PV.
(note dual value tablets)

PS:
If anyone has a ball park price for Lundy Island local sheetlet
9th anniv plane opt, Tighearna UHM
It would be appreciated.

Old October 23rd 07, 03:23 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Gazza

http://cjoint.com/data/kxcWRHkQvN.htm
featuring the marvelous morrie PV.
(note dual value tablets)

Reminds me - I was living in Australia when it changed to decimal currency
(1/- = 10c), then again in New Zealand when we changed (same system), then
lastly in the UK when it changed (1/- = 5p). I had great difficulty
reprogramming myself for the last time - those dual values STILL look wrong.

Old October 23rd 07, 05:41 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

"Gazza" wrote in message
Reminds me - I was living in Australia when it changed to decimal currency
(1/- = 10c), then again in New Zealand when we changed (same system), then
lastly in the UK when it changed (1/- = 5p). I had great difficulty
reprogramming myself for the last time - those dual values STILL look

wrong.

Me too
I was living in Maida Vale in c1970,
I went over to see the rellies with a swag full of cash
thinking I was from the "lucky country".
Prices were crazy, and as for feeding thosed voracious
gas meters in the hall just to keep warm.
I returned home much chagrinned and with my wallet
between my legs.

Old October 23rd 07, 01:24 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Oct 23, 12:41 am, "rodney" wrote:
"Gazza" wrote in message

... Reminds me - I was living in Australia when it changed to decimal currency
(1/- = 10c), then again in New Zealand when we changed (same system), then
lastly in the UK when it changed (1/- = 5p). I had great difficulty
reprogramming myself for the last time - those dual values STILL look

wrong.

Me too
I was living in Maida Vale in c1970,
I went over to see the rellies with a swag full of cash
thinking I was from the "lucky country".
Prices were crazy, and as for feeding thosed voracious
gas meters in the hall just to keep warm.
I returned home much chagrinned and with my wallet
between my legs.

Be glad you are not in Zimbabwe. In 1980, at independence,
67 Zim cents bought you US $1. Today, it is one thousand
million of those same Zim dollars to buy US $1.

Blair

Old October 23rd 07, 01:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Oct 22, 8:56 pm, "rodney" wrote:
http://cjoint.com/data/kxcWRHkQvN.htm
featuring the marvelous morrie PV.
(note dual value tablets)

PS:
If anyone has a ball park price for Lundy Island local sheetlet
9th anniv plane opt, Tighearna UHM
It would be appreciated.

Rod

If you are interested in Lundy Stamps, you might want to get a copy
of:
GREAT BRITAIN - LUNDY ISLAND: The Stamps of Lundy Island
An Illustrated Price Guide and Handbook by Puffin Stamps. 88 pp. S/B.
4th Edition. available at £13.50 from Vera Trinder

Blair

Old October 23rd 07, 02:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

"Blair (TC)" wrote in message

If you are interested in Lundy Stamps, you might want to get a copy
GREAT BRITAIN - LUNDY ISLAND: The Stamps of Lundy Island
An Illustrated Price Guide and Handbook by Puffin Stamps. 88 pp. S/B.
4th Edition. available at £13.50 from Vera Trinder
Blair

I have been looking out at the auctions Blair,
I was recalling someone here had a price list.

I read your Zimbabwe comment,
I am not aware of your religious tendencies,
but if it contains any element of "re-birth"
be worried, very worried.

Old October 30th 07, 09:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
malcolm

Rodney

Interesting to hear you lived in Maida Vale. very posh!! I too was
living in London in 1970 and my recollection is that most of your
countrymen lived in Earls Court Road ( known locally as "Kangaroo
Valley") - I lived quite nearby - and certainly the local language
appeared to be " Strine". I had some quite fierce drinking sessions
with Aussies - mostly called Bruce!! ( along with associated groups of
New Zealanders and South Africans) in some of the pubs - give me a
break I was only 23 at the time !!

Malcolm

Old October 31st 07, 12:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

"malcolm" wrote in message
ps.com...
Rodney

Interesting to hear you lived in Maida Vale. very posh!! I too was
living in London in 1970 and my recollection is that most of your
countrymen lived in Earls Court Road ( known locally as "Kangaroo
Valley") -

G'day Malcolm,
indeed they did we would visit them on occaisions.
"slumming it" we used to refer to it as.

It was a very tough time emotionally, it was my first return
to the land of my birth, and I was fiercly British.
What I found was a huge contrast to how I felt. Our
huge two story home in Yeovil, turned out to be a little
grotty red brick council house, I hated the food, and the
weather was dark at 4 in the afternoon.
I suddenly realised I was an Aussie.

I later made a career selling Real estate in Australia sometimes
4 times to the same buyers, who went through similar emotions
after emigrating / returning / emigrating again.
I have a very soft spot for displaced people now, I know
exactly what they are going through.