Found: Old stamp books

Old November 26th 03, 03:12 AM
Steve P

Default Found: Old stamp books

I Found two old stamp book collections at a rummage sale. I talked
the guy down on his price. He bought them at an estate sale in
Indiana. The older of the two is called The International Postage
Stamp Album Illustrated with Engravings 4000 1899 Edition from New
York The Scott Stamp And Coin Co. Limited

It has many old stamps in it from all over the world.

The second book is newer. Its called Harris Pioneer World -Wide
postage stamp album. It looks like its from 1970. It is fairly loaded
too.

Also with them came many zip-lock bags with stamps in them.

What I am wondering is how to find out what this collection is worth.
I think there must be some value to them. I am not a stamp collector.
I've seen some of them on ebay. I don't know the terms used "hinged,
First day...." I went to the book store but all the have is a U.S.
stamp book and I didn't want to spend $20.00 on it.

Does anyone have some advice for me?

Thank You,
Steve P

Old November 26th 03, 12:05 PM
kevin

go to the library and checkout the stamps in the SCOTT stamp catalogues.....
but take note, if the stamps are damaged their value is minimal... kk

"Steve P" wrote in message

[...]

---

Old November 26th 03, 01:06 PM
Steve P

The stamps seem to be in pretty good shape, the only thins is that
they have some kind of tape on the bottom side to hold them in place.
Its a small piece that falls off very easy. There are stamps that fell
off in the pages and are loose so I am very careful when I open the
book.
On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 03:05:01 -0800, "kevin"
wrote:

go to the library and checkout the stamps in the SCOTT stamp catalogues.....
but take note, if the stamps are damaged their value is minimal... kk

.. .