Fake topical stamps sold on eBay

Old March 5th 18, 05:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

Default Fake topical stamps sold on eBay

On this page I explain how to detect that some new stamps offered on eBay
are fake (illegal):

http://www.pwmo.org/Illegals/18-long...e-measures.htm

Victor Manta, PWO

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

Old March 5th 18, 11:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir F.A. Rien[_2_]

Nothing compared to the huge amounts of fake and altered stuff
appearing, supposedly from 'old guard' countries!

One 'offer' is for a clearly photo reproduction of a block of Penny
Blacks - priced at ONLY $200!

As always - it's BUYER BEWARE !

On Mon, 5 Mar 2018 11:34:33 -0500, "Victor Manta"
sharpened a crayon and wrote:

On this page I explain how to detect that some new stamps offered on eBay
are fake (illegal):

http://www.pwmo.org/Illegals/18-long...e-measures.htm

Victor Manta, PWO

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

---

Old March 6th 18, 05:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

It is old news that the topical stamp collectors largely outnumber those of
classical/traditional material. For this reason, the offer for the former is
considerably bigger than the one for the traditional collectors, the topical
stamps that mimic legit issues being produced in much larger quantities.

Of course, all fake stamps should be fought, and one way to do it is to
inform the stamp collectors about their existence, what we both did.

Another way to fight them is to involve the government protection
authorities in the discovery and punishment of important forgers. It was
done in time for the protection of the traditional stamp collectors but
AFAIK it was never done for the protection of the topical collectors, who
are systematically and aggressively invaded by offers for illegal issues.

These issues, that flood the markets for the last about 20 years, are those
that were/are produced without the permission of any postal authority. This
was the reason behind my page and my posting. Much more about illegal issues
can be found on the PWO site.

Victor Manta, PWO

Philatelic Webmasters Organization (PWO): http://pwmo.org/

Old March 7th 18, 04:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir F.A. Rien[_2_]

Of course, all fake stamps should be fought, and one way to do it is to
inform the stamp collectors about their existence, what we both did.

But the NEW crop of 'traditional stamp fakes and forgeries' are not
being 'fought', not even by the vaunted 'Societies'.

Another way to fight them is to involve the government protection
authorities in the discovery and punishment of important forgers. It was
done in time for the protection of the traditional stamp collectors but
AFAIK it was never done for the protection of the topical collectors, who
are systematically and aggressively invaded by offers for illegal issues.

Yes, such as Delcampe, EBay, HIP Stamps ...! The flood of bogus
issues for the 'traditional stamps' is increasing far faster than
those of the topical modern non-issues.

What's perhaps worse if the value LOST by those taken in.

Once a young or beginning collector is taken in, they often leave
the hobby for good. So whether 'traditional' or 'topical' ALL ARE A
THREAT!