Forgeries time for Romanian old stamps

Old May 30th 09, 02:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
CASACUDOR

Default Forgeries time for Romanian old stamps

Rodney, some topics ago, open a topic regarding a bogus stamp showing
prince Cuza (1865 Romania issue).
Trying to give some examples I came on a opened Pandora box from where
are took out of there a lot of bogus stamps presented like original
issues. Please see the bellow links. Stamps shown there are FAKE /
FORGERIES / BOGUS / NON ORGINALS and they ask a lot of money for
them. :

3 forged + 1 original (15 B.) in the same picture !!!! 1906 Welfare
Fund. Motto: God guide our Hand
http://www.sandafayre.com/webauction...Param=17453792
for description of forgeries pls. see :
http://casacudor.googlepages.com/190...ifauxforgeries
is in Romanian L. but the pictures ... talk.

2 forged + 2 original (5 B. + 15 B.) in the same picture !!!! 1906
Welfare Fund. Motto: God guide our Hand
http://www.sandafayre.com/webauction...Param=17453889
for description of forgeries pls. see :
http://casacudor.googlepages.com/190...ifauxforgeries
is in Romanian but the pictures ... talk.

complete forged series 1903 Opening of New Post Office - Horses:
http://www.sandafayre.com/webauction...Param=54128813
pls see the balls from the top of stairs railings, coachman's hat,
whip end ...

complete forged series 1906 Welfare Fund. Motto: The Wounds dressed
and the Tears wiped away:
http://www.sandafayre.com/webauction...Param=17454083

hope the info to be useful
PS - if you have questions regarding the authenticity of a Romanian
stamp (up to 1940) pls. ask here and I will give you a quick answer.
Only require is to show a good picture (large in order of pix)

best regards,
Anton
Old May 30th 09, 03:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Hello Anton,
after about 5 years collecting, I soon realised
that any stamp that I had a catalogue value over 10 GBP
was probably a forgery, and worth checking.

I saw just last week, a collection of fake postmarkers being sold
as a business for $15,000.
I take everything with a grain of salt.

I have a friend who collects stamps with a proviso that each stamp
must not be over 10c
My collection is similar but with just a higher value.

That doesn't mean I have anything against the high values, it's just
I cannot be bothered with the stress and angst that comes with high desire.
I am happy to bathe amongst the flotsam and jetsam.
When I witnessed a box of Hutt River Province ephemera go for over $300
I realised there is no rhyme or reason, people will collect, people will
get burnt
peoople will pay odd amounts for questionable stuff.
As long as my house appears in order, and I keep desire in check, the rest
can pass by in parade

I do occaisional buy higher values, but with an aim to turnover.

Thanks for your links and pages, interesting stuff.
Rodney.

Old June 4th 09, 01:36 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pedro

Hello,
I'd appreciate if you can take a look at some of my Romanian stamps. They
can be found at my webpage in the Romania section:

http://www.telefonica.net/web2/pcm2009/stamps/

Thanks,
Pedro

Old June 4th 09, 01:51 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Well, we could start by focusing on the 1956 35 bani issue.
If I am not mistaken, this a Schoolboy not a girl.
Rodney.

Old June 4th 09, 05:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pedro

mmm, that's a mistake Scott 2008 catalog has. I'll have to fix it, but...any
forgery detected?

thanks,
Pedro

Old June 4th 09, 06:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Oh, I see.
Pedro, there are sites that highlight forgeries of Romanian stamps
including Casuador, but you will need to inspect your stamps yourself.
If you find an issue that has been forged and need commentary, a scan
of at least 600dpi would be needed.
One generally needs to see the grain of the print to highlight differences

Take this Machin forgery, apart from the perforations (and colour obviously)
but how else can you pick the finer details?
http://cjoint.com/data/geho4AdOJO.htm