Auction lot of the day

Old July 30th 03, 02:55 PM
Mark Dyck

From: Eric Bustad
Newsgroups: rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 19:08:51 -0700
Subject: OT: Auction lot of the day

Do you think that Tim Horton has a real chance to make it in the US
market with Starbucks so entrenched?

Tim Horton's beating out Starbucks? No problemo. I think the
majority of people would rather order a 'double double' for $1.59 than
a decaf grande mocha latte with sprinkles for, say, $11.98 :-) Wow,
with my change I can buy enough Timbits to feed a small grade 1 class!

Biggest problem for Tim Hortons in the USA is a little franchise
called Krispy Kreme donuts (or is it doughnuts?) I hear they're the
biggest donut conglomerate in the world. The Coca-Cola and McDonalds
of donut-dom. They're claim to fame (I believe) is the donuts are
boxed flat, rather than on their sides. Who ever heard of such a
thing?!

Mark from Regina (who frequents Robin's donuts, not Tim Hortons --
they call the holes Robin's Eggs there....)
Old July 30th 03, 04:09 PM
Bob Ingraham

From: (Mark Dyck)
Newsgroups: rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Date: 30 Jul 2003 06:55:52 -0700

Tim Horton's beating out Starbucks? No problemo. I think the
majority of people would rather order a 'double double' for $1.59 than
a decaf grande mocha latte with sprinkles for, say, $11.98 :-) Wow,
with my change I can buy enough Timbits to feed a small grade 1 class!

snip

Mark from Regina (who frequents Robin's donuts, not Tim Hortons --
they call the holes Robin's Eggs there....)

You, you, you...quisling! (There! I finally got to use that great word!
Thanks, Mark!)

boB

Old July 31st 03, 06:07 AM
Pierre Courtiade

= Eric (from Seattle, hometown of Starbucks)

Bob (from Vancouver, home of Vancouverites)

He he he !!!!!!!

May be WW III is going to take place on the wertern US / Canada border
???
:-))))

BTW, I had to wait until my first trip to North America (in 1970) to
discover what is a Doughnut / Donut !
In France it is still quite hard nowadays to find this kind of holed
greasy thing ;-)

Fortunately we can buy for 1 Euro (about 1 USD) at *any* Café or
Boulangerie (Bakery) very nice "Croissants", *very* greasy as well, but
here it comes from *real* butter coming from *real* milk !

Content guaranteed 99 % cholesterol ;-)
May be it is why the Croissants are so delicious ?
;-)

I don't recall of a French stamp specifically showing croissants ; but I
think there is one which displays a Baguette and may be a croissant as
well.
I have to check that later on.

Pierre
(at 7 am, heading for the local boulangerie)

Old July 31st 03, 07:15 AM
Bob Ingraham

From: "Pierre Courtiade"
Newsgroups: rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 07:07:51 +0200

= Eric (from Seattle, hometown of Starbucks)

Bob (from Vancouver, home of Vancouverites)

He he he !!!!!!!

May be WW III is going to take place on the wertern US / Canada border
???
:-))))

No, that is not possible. So much marijuana is smoked here that all
Vancouverites are mostly stoned all of the time either directly or from
secondhand smoke. We are a very mellow bunch. If Eric and his gang decide to
attack Vancouver, we will just giggle a lot. :^)

Bob

Old July 31st 03, 08:21 AM
TC

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 15:26:11 GMT, wrote:

http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo....5?aucview=0x13

Notice the stamp on the left top row. Apparently when all the perforations
are cut off a stamp that makes it imperforate!

Dave (always learning something new)

No bids yet! Surprise.

Blair

Old July 31st 03, 11:44 AM
David F.

[...]

I make my own 'greasy things' and enjoy every mouthful! I have
control of the contents, and know exactly what I am digesting.

That way whatever happens to me afterwards is all my own fault!

Bon Appetit!

David.