ship mail collectors, please help

Old January 7th 04, 01:38 PM
23rd peter

Default ship mail collectors, please help

hello,

for a german book publication i´m looking for contacts to nautic mail (ship
mail) collectors, who can provide me with scans from their collections. also
if you´re dealer and have stuff i´m looking for please let me know, i might
be willing to buy as well.

i´m looking for any postal stuff in connection with the following ships
within the specific given timerange:

sirius (april 1838)
great western (1838-39 und 1843)
columbia (juni 1841)
cambria (1845)
america (juni 1848)
europa (oktober 1848)
asia (mai 1850)
pacific (september 1850)
baltic (1851-54)
persia (april 1856)
scotia (juli 1863)
adriatic (mai 1872)
germanic (1875-77)
city of berlin (september 1875)
britannic (oktober 1876)
alaska (1882-83)
oregon (april 1884)
etruria (1885-88)
umbria (1887)
city of paris (1889-92)
majestic (1891)
teutonic (1891)
campania (1893-94)
lucania (1894)
kaiser wilhelm der grosse (1892)
deutschland (1900-1903)
kronprinz wilhelm (1902)
lusitania (1907-09)
mauretania (1909)
bremen (juli 1929)
europa (märz 1930, juni 1933)
rex (august 1933)
normandie (mai 1935, juli 1937)
queen mary (august 1936, august 1938)
united states (juli 1952)

at the given timelines record atlantic crossings by these ships took place
("blue ribbond"). i´m looking for any letters or postcars from "blue
ribbond" crossings, where my interest is both in the stamps as well as in
the postcard text (people telling about "good weather", "rough sea" or
whatever...)

if you might be willing to preserve me with scans of such collectibles
please get in touch with me by mail.

greetings from germany
peter schmelzle

Old January 8th 04, 03:16 AM
Tom Loepp

23rd peter wrote:

hello,

for a german book publication i=B4m looking for contacts to nautic mail=

(ship
mail) collectors, who can provide me with scans from their collections.=

also
if you=B4re dealer and have stuff i=B4m looking for please let me know,=

i might
be willing to buy as well.

i=B4m looking for any postal stuff in connection with the following shi=

[...]

europa (m=E4rz 1930, juni 1933)
rex (august 1933)
normandie (mai 1935, juli 1937)
queen mary (august 1936, august 1938)
united states (juli 1952)

at the given timelines record atlantic crossings by these ships took pl=

ace
("blue ribbond"). i=B4m looking for any letters or postcars from "blue
ribbond" crossings, where my interest is both in the stamps as well as =

in
the postcard text (people telling about "good weather", "rough sea" or
whatever...)

if you might be willing to preserve me with scans of such collectibles
please get in touch with me by mail.

greetings from germany
peter schmelzle

Peter,
Here is a scan of a cover that I sold some time ago on eBay. It covers t=
he
time of May 1935 to June 1935 on the S.S. Normandie (inaugural voyage). I=
t went
both ways from France to NY and back. Don't remember if it had contents.
http://tloepp.home.mindspring.com/covers/normandie.html
somewhere I have some Bremen covers but can't promise to find them soon.
-- Tom Loepp
Website: http://loepp.home.mindspring.com/tom/

Old January 8th 04, 11:17 PM
23rd peter

Here is a scan of a cover that I sold some time ago on eBay. It covers the
time of May 1935 to June 1935 on the S.S. Normandie (inaugural voyage). It
went
both ways from France to NY and back. Don't remember if it had contents.
http://tloepp.home.mindspring.com/covers/normandie.html

thanks tom,

great stuff and exactly what i was looking for. many many thanks.

any more collectors in here who have famous "blue ribbond"
stamps/covers/postcards and can provide me with a scan?

please get in touch with me, foremost by mail please.

greetings
peter schmelzle