Quarters?

Old August 31st 04, 09:09 PM
John Stone

Cliff wrote in message . ..
On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 14:28:33 GMT, "Dik T. Winter"
wrote:

In article "PCameron" writes:
"Oregon" wrote in message
om...
Been away from the hobby for a bit. Getting back up to speed. Curious:
Are state quarters all but dead?

I am still into it. However I seem to be in the minority as far as this NG
goes.

Perhaps. But I have 28 now.

The state quarters can't be too dead since I sold my set on ebay for a
good price.
Cliff
(set = 4 of each state, P mint, D mint, S mint proof and S mint silver
proof, issued 1999 - 2003) I sent the dansco book but no 2004 quarters

They are not dead to serious and semi-serious collectors. The general public
that got caught up in the initial hoopla are pretty much gone on to other
trendy pop culture things.
Old September 1st 04, 12:47 AM
Scot Kamins

In article , "Dik T. Winter"
wrote:

They are not dead to serious and semi-serious collectors. The general
public
that got caught up in the initial hoopla are pretty much gone on to other
trendy pop culture things.

The same is happening with Euro collecting.
--

Yep. That's me!

My Euro collecting is on hold (which is what I started collecting to get
back into the hobby) and I'm now concentrating on the pop-culture-trendy
US Type Set and Classic US Commems Set. (Or I would be if I had any
dough).

Scot "Dedicated Follower of Fashion" Kamins
Old September 1st 04, 12:06 PM
Jerry Dennis

KINKS!

What did I win?! :-)

Jerry

In his signature line, "Scot" offers a hidden clue:

Scot "Dedicated Follower of Fashion" Kamins

Old September 1st 04, 01:22 PM
Christian Feldhaus

Dik T. Winter wrote:

They are not dead to serious and semi-serious collectors. The general
public that got caught up in the initial hoopla are pretty much gone on
to other trendy pop culture things.

The same is happening with Euro collecting.

Yep, the "novelty" effect has worn off. On the other hand, think of that
new Finnish ¤2 commemorative: First the Finnish Mint had planned to
issue 500,000 pieces (plus the proof issues). Now the mintage will be
upped to 1 million, due to the demand.

Such specialties will probably continue to be sought after. But the
young collectors who just wanted to have the 96 different coins will
have "completed" their collections. The smaller kids need to invest in
scoubidou instead g.

What is different about the SQs is that you cannot have a complete
collection yet, of course. But still, the hype is gone ...

Christian
Old September 3rd 04, 03:08 PM
George D

PCameron wrote:
"Oregon" wrote in message
om...

Been away from the hobby for a bit. Getting back up to speed. Curious:
Are state quarters all but dead?
O.

I am still into it. However I seem to be in the minority as far as this NG
goes.

I lost my New York contact so I am only saving D rolls now and they are getting harder and
harder to get from the banks as each issue goes by. I am still saving rolls of each new
issue however and I will continue to get them as long as I can reasonably do so.

--
George D
Phoenix, AZ

Please use this address to mail me. Or remove the arizona in the link.
Remember there is no Arizona.

ALL emails incoming and outgoing are run thru Norton and AVG anti virus.