Any value left in Trashcans?

Old May 26th 07, 02:02 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John P. Dayhuff

Default Any value left in Trashcans?

I'm supposed to go look at one tomorrow, although I'm not sure its a
Trashcan but I'm assuming it is. It needs to be restored from what the
owner says...But does work. Any value left in these or has the bottom
dropped out on these too? I remember talking to a huge jukebox collector a
few years back and he said a piece of crap unrestored Trashcan was worth
$10K. Is or was that true?
Thanks for any advice, I have no clue on Jukebox values.

--
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.

Still looking for:
E.M. Charlie Angels pinball machine,$100 finders fee.....

Old May 26th 07, 02:16 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Keith Stelter

Hi John,
In 20+ years of juke collecting I've NEVER seen a trashcan sell for more
than $3,500.00, and that was a professionally restored one.
I know a guy who took several of them in decent, complete condition to the
Chicagoland show recently and only got like $500.00 each for them. I
personally wouldn't give more than a few hundred for one unless the cabinet
was REALLY nice.
If you have to put plastics and a mirror set on one you will be into it for
as much as it's worth just buying those parts!
Trashcans look cool when they are restored and have the top animation
working well, but playing 20 78RPM records just doesn't excite ANYONE
anymore.

. net...

Old May 27th 07, 12:57 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ken G.

Hold on there ... I very much enjoy listening to my 12 record 78rpm
jukebox .
Yard sales are good to find records to change around in it .

I collect trashcans !!!!!! Bruno Beam Cards:- non-sport 0 December 19th 04 07:40 AM
ebay: Just 12 hours left/1 day left Dennis Blay Baseball 0 June 4th 04 03:18 PM
10 min left Mike McHugh Card discussions 0 March 2nd 04 01:22 AM
10 min left Mike McHugh Baseball 0 March 2nd 04 01:22 AM
Still a few left Stan Basketball 0 January 14th 04 02:45 PM