Share Favorite eBay Book Search

Old June 16th 06, 07:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

Default Share Favorite eBay Book Search

I have about 60 eBay searches saved which I execute twice per week, and
another 40 that I execute once per week. 'Search title and description'
is ticked on all searches, and most of them are performed at the 'Book'
category level. The gist of the more frequent searches is something
like the following:

(seuss,suess) (dj,dustjacket,dust,jacket,dustwrapper,wrapper)
http://tinyurl.com/fymyq

I don't use key words "first printing" or "first edition", since there
is a lot of misuse of such on eBay.

Another example is
"lois lenski" (dj,dustjacket,dust,jacket,dustwrapper,wrapper)
http://tinyurl.com/znxuq

If you would like to use some saved searches of prominent children's
book illustrators, then go to
http://www.1stedition.net/caldecottmedal.html. Each of the Caldecott
winning illustrator is a hot link to a saved eBay search.

I've executed these saved searches for seven years, and acquired quite
a lot of first editions during that time.

Old June 18th 06, 08:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

Stan wrote:
[...]

Thank you for the strategy. My previous saved searches were confined to
book dealers who often offered books I liked or to a specific title I
wanted. A search (unrelated to books) is for "Galt McDermott's Mass in
F" aka "Divine Hair" This includes the standard mass text with the
songs from "Hair" as the recitive. So far I have only found eight track
tapes, vinyl and numerous offers for a divine wine hair product (I
never investigated)

Searching a class did not occur to me. (I was never a fan of taxonomy)