Monaco Drawing Lots

Old July 3rd 04, 06:10 PM
Mike from Finland

Default Monaco Drawing Lots

I also got my lottery forms this week, does anyone know
how many Monaco euro coins are minted this year? The
form said 14.999 Proofs I think but what about BU? Just
wondering if the 198,- is that good a deal even if I were to
be lucky enough to get my Proof set...

Best regards,

Mike

Old July 3rd 04, 11:06 PM
ELurio

I also got my lottery forms this week, does anyone know
how many Monaco euro coins are minted this year? The
form said 14.999 Proofs I think but what about BU? Just
wondering if the 198,- is that good a deal even if I were to
be lucky enough to get my Proof set... BRBR

That it's only worth about seven bucks US face and is being issued by the
government on an allegedly nonprofit basis, I think it's a complete ripoff.

Unless you want every specimen of each and every "circulating" euro coins from
all fifteen countries, pass it by.

eric l.

eric l.
Old July 4th 04, 03:39 PM
Christian Feldhaus

ELurio wrote:

That it's only worth about seven bucks US face and is being issued by the
government on an allegedly nonprofit basis, I think it's a complete ripoff.

Agreed as far as the latter is concerned. The face value of that set is
8.88 EUR, ie. a little more than 10 USD - and that includes the 5 euro
coin which is legal tender in Monaco only. As far as I know, there will
not be a BU set this year. But charging almost 200 euro for those proof
coins is ... see above.

However, there apparently are many people who are perfectly willing to
pay that price. And these proof coins are made for collectors only, not
for circulation. So why should the numismatic office not make a profit?

Unless you want every specimen of each and every "circulating" euro coins from
all fifteen countries, pass it by.

Another possible reason is the wish to have that special collectors
coin. But still, that is not worth my money.

Christian