Anyone flyspeck Netherlands Antilles booklets?

Old August 12th 08, 02:50 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_3_]

Default Anyone flyspeck Netherlands Antilles booklets?

What are the axes of variation on the definitive booklets of Netherlands
Antilles, such as the following pair? (Sorry about the white background,
I know it bothers some of you):

http://cjoint.com/?imdRe3J5PK

Both are labeled "3B". Clearly the columns can be transposed, as they
are in this pair. Curiously, the fold-out panes of the two booklets fold
in opposite directions (one ends up printed-side up when "nested", the
other gum-side up.) Are both types of fold represented in both column
arrangements? What else can vary? Are there plate numbers, luminescence
variations, cover design or sheen, ??? When do I have all the "3B"
booklets?

Reference to literature much appreciated.

TIA,

--
Joshua H. McGee, Los Angeles, California, USA
Member: APS, ATA, ISWSC, AFDCS, MBPC, MCC, BPS
Old August 12th 08, 01:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Richard Thouin[_2_]

In article ,
Joshua McGee wrote:

What are the axes of variation on the definitive booklets of Netherlands
Antilles, such as the following pair? (Sorry about the white background,
I know it bothers some of you):

http://cjoint.com/?imdRe3J5PK

Both are labeled "3B". Clearly the columns can be transposed, as they
are in this pair. Curiously, the fold-out panes of the two booklets fold
in opposite directions (one ends up printed-side up when "nested", the
other gum-side up.) Are both types of fold represented in both column
arrangements? What else can vary? Are there plate numbers, luminescence
variations, cover design or sheen, ??? When do I have all the "3B"
booklets?

Reference to literature much appreciated.

TIA,

Joshua

These varieties are catalogued as different booklets in the «NVPH
Speciale Catalogus» which is the main Netherlands catalogue. You will
be interested in knowing that they both exist with blue, as in your
examples, and brown Xs labels at the top. Blue Xs were issued in 1980
and brown Xs were issued in 1979. Brown Xs are both valued at 2.95€,
blue Xs at 3.45€

Have fun with your booklets.

Richard
Old August 12th 08, 02:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Richard Thouin[_2_]

In article ,
Joshua McGee wrote:

What are the axes of variation on the definitive booklets of Netherlands
Antilles, such as the following pair? (Sorry about the white background,
I know it bothers some of you):

http://cjoint.com/?imdRe3J5PK

Both are labeled "3B". Clearly the columns can be transposed, as they
are in this pair. Curiously, the fold-out panes of the two booklets fold
in opposite directions (one ends up printed-side up when "nested", the
other gum-side up.) Are both types of fold represented in both column
arrangements? What else can vary? Are there plate numbers, luminescence
variations, cover design or sheen, ??? When do I have all the "3B"
booklets?

Reference to literature much appreciated.

TIA,

Hi Joshua

I should have added that the 3B notation refers to the NVPH where they
the 30c stamp at the top.

Richard
Old August 12th 08, 08:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_3_]

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 08:59:46 -0400, Richard Thouin wrote:

In article ,
Joshua McGee wrote:

[...]

Thank you, I will try to obtain this reference through a lending
library. Do you know if there any mention of panes that fold "up" or
"down" in the work?

Have fun with your booklets.

Thank you!

Old August 14th 08, 12:27 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_3_]

Joshua McGee wrote:

What are the axes of variation on the definitive booklets of
Netherlands Antilles [...]

These varieties are catalogued as different booklets in the «NVPH
Speciale Catalogus» which is the main Netherlands catalogue. [...]

I found a 2002 edition of the catalogue online for less than USD $5. It
cost $16 to ship to me from the UK. I ordered it, and a jet is going to
burn fuel and warm the air moving it across the Atlantic Ocean and the
North American continent. I'll say again, "Catalogue editors, (most)
everyone will be happier all around if you give an option to pay a modest
price to download the PDF! You would have *made* *money* on this sale!"

Old August 22nd 08, 01:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Art

*Joshua McGee wrote:

What are the axes of variation on the definitive booklets of
Netherlands Antilles [...]

These varieties are catalogued as different booklets in the «NVPH
Speciale Catalogus» which is the main Netherlands catalogue. [...]

I found a 2002 edition of the catalogue online for less than USD $5. *It
cost $16 to ship to me from the UK. *I ordered it, and a jet is going to
burn fuel and warm the air moving it across the Atlantic Ocean and the
North American continent. *I'll say again, "Catalogue editors, (most)
everyone will be happier all around if you give an option to pay a modest
price to download the PDF! *You would have *made* *money* on this sale!"

--
Joshua H. McGee, Los Angeles, California, USA
Member: APS, ATA, ISWSC, AFDCS, MBPC, MCC, BPS
President:http://www.penguinstamps.org
Trade?:http://www.mcgees.org/stamp-offers/

Hi

Over the last 15 years I've done two large specialized
catalogues, 720 and 950 pages. For one of them, most collectors who
helped did not have computers. For the second, many did not have
computers or broad band access or kids at home to help with computer
problems. The 720 page one is yet to be digitized but the 950 page one
ran about 120 MB with compression. At 81, I have to go back to school
to learn how to make the catalogues searchable with hot links. The
technology is running faster than my old soldering iron can.

Art