HELP ! HELP ! HELP!

Old March 3rd 06, 12:29 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Default HELP ! HELP ! HELP!

Attention all members of this NG.

Will somebody cleverer than I , please devise a software filter of some

kind that will intercept and destroy all postings on this NG that mention

the words " Edmonton Stamp Show ". So that people who want to discuss

other genuine matters connected with the great hobby of philately

can do so in peace.

Old March 3rd 06, 02:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 00:29:05 GMT, "John Law"
wrote:

Attention all members of this NG.

Will somebody cleverer than I , please devise a software filter of some

kind that will intercept and destroy all postings on this NG that mention

the words " Edmonton Stamp Show ". So that people who want to discuss

other genuine matters connected with the great hobby of philately

can do so in peace.

Unfortunately, this group is not moderated or filtered in any way.
You will have to filter it on your end. It can be done. I can't help
out because I don't know what you are using for retrieving your news.
Please let us know and we can help you filter it on your end.

=======================
Tracy Barber
-----------------------
adirondack-pc
-----------------------
"Freebie Stamp Project"
=======================
Old March 3rd 06, 03:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

G'day John,

"easy peasy" if you have OE.

Tools / Message Rules / News / New / TICK---"where the subject line contains"

and type in "Edmonton" without the quotes.

I employ this to get rid of that other irritation "Didier Cuidet"

HTH

pookiethai at iprimus.com.au

Old March 3rd 06, 04:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

John Law wrote:
Attention all members of this NG.

Will somebody cleverer than I , please devise a software filter of some

kind that will intercept and destroy all postings on this NG that mention

the words " Edmonton Stamp Show ". So that people who want to discuss

other genuine matters connected with the great hobby of philately

can do so in peace.

One simple approach is to set your news reader so that it only displays
headers rather than entire messages. Then just don't open the ones that
are of no interest to you. I have been doing this for years.

You can, of course, set up filters as others have suggested so that even
the headers won't appear.

Bill

pookiethai at iprimus.com.au