China Will Issue 6 Million New 10 Yuan Notes Without Mao BeginingTuesday

Old July 8th 08, 12:47 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
[email protected]

Default China Will Issue 6 Million New 10 Yuan Notes Without Mao BeginingTuesday

Only the Olympics could bump Mao Zedong, the founding leader of
communist China, off a Chinese banknote.
http://nutmegcollector.blogspot.com/
Old July 9th 08, 06:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
scottishmoney

wrote in message
Only the Olympics could bump Mao Zedong, the founding leader of
communist China, off a Chinese banknote.
http://nutmegcollector.blogspot.com/

The Nationalities issue of 1980-1996 should have never been replaced by Mao.
And the Olympic Stadium is ugly, it looks no better now than it did when I
saw it in the earlier stages of construction a couple of years ago in
Beijing.

Old July 10th 08, 10:58 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
[email protected]

China Daily
Updated: 2008-07-10 09:02

Collectors queue all night for notes.

Dong Changchun was a happy man Wednesday, after his patience was
rewarded with one of the 6 million commemorative 10-yuan banknotes
issued by the People's Bank of China (PBOC) to celebrate the Beijing
Olympics.
"I spent the whole night outside the bank to make sure I got one of
the 100 banknotes it was issuing," Dong, who was first in line at the
Chedaogou branch of the Bank of China in Beijing yesterday, said.

"But my tiredness soon faded when I got what I had been waiting for,"
he said.

"The notes are quite meaningful for Chinese people, as they are an
everlasting memento of the Beijing Olympic Games," he said.

Long queues of eager buyers formed yesterday outside each of the 300
bank branches in Beijing designated to sell the notes.

An anonymous client manager at the Huixinxijie branch of the Bank of
Communications said: "People started queuing last night, and the 50
bills were sold out in less than half an hour after we opened at
8:30."

http://nutmegcollector.blogspot.com/