I just met Michael Bolton

Old December 5th 03, 12:43 AM
DebSer5

Default I just met Michael Bolton

I really wanted to meet him to share the experience on here, because we all
have such a fascination with celebrities and autographs. He was doing a
signing here in Cleveland at FYE. I bought his cd and then stood in line for
about 30 minutes
before I got it signed. I would say there were only around 125+ people in line
waiting to get there cd signed. I'm generally a nervous person, and the people
who work for him could tell right before I was about to go up that I was
nervous and the lady told me to relax. Anyway, I got up there and I kinda
forgot everything that happened because I get so nervous meeting celebrities.
I'm pretty sure I shook his hand, and said great to meet you. He then asked who
the cd should be made out to. I use to have a bad stuttering problem when I was
little, but I sorta grew out of it, but boy did it come into play when he asked
who to sign it to I sad Ju-Ju, then I had to start over and I said ah Justin
and then I spelled it out because I still didn't think I made myself clear.
Boy, was I one embarrassed **** head. Anyway, to tell you a little bit more
about Michael I would say he is only 5'7" or 5'8" at most and is actually quite
good looking in person. one woman even screamed WOW! I know a lot of people
think he has sort of a odd kinda of nose, but up close it looked very regular.
He was nice, even though I met him only for a second, but I saw him talking
with some other folks and he seems like a very calm, good natured guy, but
maybe a little reserved(I could be wrong) I'm glad autographs through the
mail, because I would never be able to say my name to another celebrity.

Old December 5th 03, 03:09 AM
Bcoton

I'm glad autographs through the
mail, because I would never be able to say my name to another celebrity.

I know, I could NEVER be one of those people who approached celebs on the
street. Unless its an official publicity event, I would hate to bother them.

I am glad your experience went well with MB. He sounds like a nice guy.
Thanks for sharing!
Old December 5th 03, 03:59 AM
autographpros.com

Great story, thanks! We also got to meet Michael at a signing recently. He
was soo cool that he even picked up one of our guitars and decided to play
it prior to signing it.
http://www.autographpros.com/july/bo...%26signing.jpg

--

Michael Kasmar
www.AutographPros.com

Old December 6th 03, 01:06 PM
CraigAK62

I met Michael this past August at the Jamie Farr Classic in Toledo. He was
kind of aloof with people but when I pulled out an old Blackjack LP for him to
sign he stopped, looked at it, asked where I wanted it signed and told me a
couple of stories about recording the LP and working with Bruce Kulick of KISS
in that band. He posed for a photo, too. Had I been off I would have headed
out to Mentor to have him sign again...

Craig
Old December 6th 03, 01:33 PM
DebSer5

I met Michael this past August at the Jamie Farr Classic in Toledo. He was
kind of aloof with people but when I pulled out an old Blackjack LP for him
sign he stopped, looked at it, asked where I wanted it signed and told me a
couple of stories about recording the LP and working with Bruce Kulick of
KISS
in that band. He posed for a photo, too. Had I been off I would have headed
out to Mentor to have him sign again...

Craig

Hi Craig
He stopped at 2 places in cleveland. He was in Mentor and also at Richmond Mall
in Richmond Hts, Ohio. His staff of 3 or 4 people were VERY nice. They also
took pictures of everybody on their digital camera, although I don't remember
him them taking a pic of me. The photos are at www.fye.com/michaelbolton. I
also remember hearing one of his staff members say that they couldn't pose with
him, but just show pics of him signing their cds. I haven't checked out the
website because I'm having computer problems, but I'm going to the library
today to check it out.I'll have to see if there is a pic of me All in all
it was a good experience.
Old December 9th 03, 12:41 AM
dahoov2

Thanks for sharing this information and your experience. I have wanted
his autograph because I have a kids book he wrote... I don't think he
signs ttm though, so you are actually lucky. I know a lot of people
dis him for some reason (they want to be "cool" or something and
prefer crap like Rap) but he's got a lot of talent and a really nice
voice.

I would like to tell you though that it's cool you worked up the nerve
and I don't know if you've met others here, but I will tell you I am
nervous too, but lately I've NOT been nervous at all. I am a bit shy
to be agressive, but I am starting to get over that too. When I got
Davy Jone's sig, I told some huge guy behind me "I think not, I was
here first". I shocked MYSELF. I think it came out of waiting so
long... I was nervous the frist couple people a couple years ago but
now, it doesn't bother me! I think though, to meet someone huge like
the President or John Travolta or someone intimidating like George
Lucas, I might be nervous, but the rest of them? I don't think so...