Holy grail! Monkees 8-tracks/reels/cassettes/playtapes for sale!!

Old November 13th 06, 08:24 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes,alt.music.monkees
DeserTBoB

Default Holy grail! Monkees 8-tracks/reels/cassettes/playtapes for sale!!

On 13 Nov 2006 10:52:30 -0800, wrote:

wrote:
I really doubt any collector will pay that kind of money from those
8-tracks. I'll give ya 50 cents a piece for those tapes.

I'll give you $2.50 if you pay for shipping.snip

Just as I suspected, a cursory look at various 8 tracks on sleazeBay
shows that the bloom is off the rose as far as "appreciation" goes on
8 tracks, save for a few rarities and odd balls. It's a buck a pop
medium, which is what it's really good at being...a really economical
way to get music. Along with that, you get to repair/refurbish each
one that comes in, and get questionable fidelity at best. Still,
rather than waste the money on a CD reissue or a cherry piece of
vinyl, 8 track offers a cheap alternative, and that will go on as long
as people can keep their players going and the tapes don't self-erase.
Old November 16th 06, 08:44 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes,alt.music.monkees
Monkeeman

Way to go Joe!!!! You have every right to sell your Monkees items for
whatever price you feel they're worth! I have most all of those items
and I know that most of them are very rare! Aside from what these
cheapskapes are telling you, I don't feel your prices are too high at
all considering how rare they are! Look at how high Beatles
merchandise sell for, now there are some true fans!
If all of you Monkees cheapskapes have all of these items and claim
they are so easy to get, then I challenge you to photograph them and
post them on here!
Unfortanately, I feel sorry for the Monkees themselves having so many
cheap so-called Monkees fans.
Yes, I truly do feel sorry for the Monkees, the fans on this group
obviously doesn't think their merchandise is worth anything! They are
so cheap!! What kind of Monkee Fans are they?!!!

That's the trouble with many Monkees fans, they want something nice or
rare but they don't want to pay anything for it!!!!

Way to go Joe! Good Luck on your sells.

wrote:
Hi all,

My wife Abby and I are long-time Monkees collectors, and over the years
our collection has grown to the point where it can't be contained! We
have been contributors to various Monkees publications (Marty Eck's "Monkees
Price Guide," Andrew Sandoval's "The Monkees" day-by-day guide), and we plan
to continue in various aspects of collecting Monkee-things. But, we now feel
the time is right to start selling off parts of our collection. The one
part I personally have spent years collecting and enjoying is the
reel-to-reels and 8-tracks (even original cassettes & playtapes!). So, if
you are interested, please let me know.

I have the following:

8-tracks
"More Of The Monkees" Colgems cart with clam shell case (missing cover,
roller is gooey) - $125
"Birds, Bees & Monkees" Colgems cart with clam shell case in MINT condition
(includes the warranty paper) - $150
"Instant Replay" Colgems cart with slip-box case - $100
"Greatest Hits" Colgems cart with slip-box case - $75
"Present" Colgems cart with slip-box case - $125
"Changes" Colgems cart with slip-box case - $150
"The Monkees" Laurie House cart SEALED from 1976 - $30
"Then & Now...The Best of The Monkees" Arista cart from 1986 (!) - $50
"More Greatest Hits Of The Monkees" Arista cart from 1982 - $30
"Magnetic South" RCA cart with slip-box case SEALED - $25
"Loose Salute" RCA cart with slip-box case SEALED - $25
"Nevada Fighter" RCA cart SEALED - $25
"Tantamount to Treason" RCA cart SEALED - $25
"And The Hits Just Keep On Comin" RCA cart SEALED - $25
"Pretty Much Your Standard Ranch Stash" RCA cart - $25
all the Pacific Arts 8-tracks....all SEALED - $20 each

Reel-to-reels
"Instant Replay" - Colgems - $100
"Greatest Hits" - Colgems (in spectacularly mint condition....really!) - $75
"Wichita Train Whistle Sings" - Dot SEALED - $125
"The Monkees"/"More Of" two-fer - Colgems - $75
"Headquarters"/"Pisces" two-fer - Colgems - $75

Cassettes
"Instant Replay" - Colgems - $150
"Greatest Hits" - Colgems - $150
"Present" - Colgems - $150
"Changes" - RCA (from Australia) - $150
"Magnetic South" - RCA - $125
"Loose Salute" - RCA - $125
"Nevada Fighter" - RCA - $125

Other
"Wichita Train Whistle Sings" Playtape (4 songs) - Dot - $150
"Wichita Train Whistle Sings" 4-track - $75

Please feel free to e-mail me at joealterio at sbcglobal dot net.

Sincerely,

Joe Alterio

Old November 16th 06, 08:57 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes,alt.music.monkees
DeserTBoB

On 16 Nov 2006 11:44:34 -0800, "Monkeeman"
wrote:

Way to go Joe!!!! You have every right to sell your Monkees items for
whatever price you feel they're worth! snip

Sure can, IF he can find monied Monkee fans, which I'm sure there are
a few out there. It never ceases to amaze me, however, the amount of
money "fans" will blow on obvious worthless counterfeits, like the
oft-recurring "butcher cover" 8 track frauds that pop up on eBay
regularly. Rather to blow money on a real artifact, such as these,
rather than fake junk, like Charlie Nudo's phony quads and "alignment"
tapes he used to hawk on sleazeBay.

For those of a Monkee prediliction, there was a thread in here back in
2/06 about Colgems releases on eBay. If your server doesn't have
retention back that far, you can always pull it up in "goo goo groopz"
under this message ID:

Old November 16th 06, 11:52 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes,alt.music.monkees
[email protected]

Monkeeman wrote:
Way to go Joe!!!! You have every right to sell your Monkees items for
whatever price you feel they're worth! I have most all of those items
and I know that most of them are very rare! Aside from what these
cheapskapes are telling you, I don't feel your prices are too high at
all considering how rare they are!

So be it but I consider the tapes I got FROM NEZ'S RANCH (at a fraction
of the price) to be FAR more valuable, considering the source.

Old November 18th 06, 04:57 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes,alt.music.monkees
jailhouserock

Default everyone check your email-important

desertbob

Old November 18th 06, 06:15 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes,alt.music.monkees
DeserTBoB

On 18 Nov 2006 07:47:46 -0800, "jailhouserock"
wrote:

don't listen to DeserTBob- he buys penny tapes on Ebay- and leaves
negative feedback for them that says "not worth a penny"

who is he to wax about valuable records or tapes ? he can't afford
either- he drives a 1978 Honda, for cripes sake ! snip

Crap! Here I thought the troll had blown his head off in a gun
accident, and here he's back again, doing his best to garner
attention.
Old November 18th 06, 06:17 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes,alt.music.monkees
DeserTBoB

On 18 Nov 2006 07:57:15 -0800, "jailhouserock"
wrote:

desertbob snip

Only thing that could be "important" regarding Charlie Nudo aka
"jailhouserock" would be a press release that says he's been consigned
to the nut house. Now THAT would be cause for jocularity!
Old November 18th 06, 06:26 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes,alt.music.monkees
DeserTBoB

Default everyone kill file Charlie Nudo

Easily done. Simply kill file the following:

End of problem!