Neverending Story by Michael Ende

Old March 12th 05, 02:57 AM
Alyson

Default Neverending Story by Michael Ende

I have a copy of original German version of Neverending Story by Michael
Ende, copyright 1979 by Thienemanns Verlag Stuttgart. It is a first edition,
but I cannot find anything anywhere about whether this book might be worth
anything or not. I've found plenty about the 1983 English translation, but
not this one. Any other website that might be useful is in German and as I
don't speak German, they're pretty useless. I've tried translating the
pages, but it was still mostly gibberish. I've also tried numerous price
guides, but they either only list the translated version, or they don't list
it at all. Does anybody know anything about this book and it's value or lack
thereof? Thanks in advance.

Old March 12th 05, 04:31 AM
Mike Berro

The book was popular among collectors (including me) for a while, but the
value has come down. Still, I don't think I've ever seen the German 1st
offered, so it's hard to appraise. I'd guess maybe $75-$100, although
perhaps it is exceptionally rare. You need to find an Ende expert. It's a
great find, whatever the value.

---Mike

nk.net...

Old March 14th 05, 02:20 AM

Mike Berro wrote:
The book was popular among collectors (including me) for a while, but

the
value has come down. Still, I don't think I've ever seen the German

1st
offered, so it's hard to appraise. I'd guess maybe $75-$100, although

perhaps it is exceptionally rare. You need to find an Ende expert.

It's a
great find, whatever the value.

---Mike

"Alyson" wrote in message
nk.net...
I have a copy of original German version of Neverending Story by

Michael
Ende, copyright 1979 by Thienemanns Verlag Stuttgart. It is a first
edition, but I cannot find anything anywhere about whether this book

might
be worth anything or not.

I've got a second printing I paid..oh, about $30 US for. Haven't seen
the first yet. Still, I had to have it just for the interior art and
the _gorgeous_ silk covers. It's one of the most beuatiful modern
novels from a design standpoint.

Old March 16th 05, 04:39 AM
Mike Berro

wrote in message
oups.com...

Mike Berro wrote:
The book was popular among collectors (including me) for a while, but

the
value has come down. Still, I don't think I've ever seen the German

1st
offered, so it's hard to appraise. I'd guess maybe $75-$100, although

perhaps it is exceptionally rare. You need to find an Ende expert.

It's a
great find, whatever the value.

---Mike

"Alyson" wrote in message
nk.net...
I have a copy of original German version of Neverending Story by

Michael
Ende, copyright 1979 by Thienemanns Verlag Stuttgart. It is a first
edition, but I cannot find anything anywhere about whether this book

might
be worth anything or not.

I've got a second printing I paid..oh, about $30 US for. Haven't seen
the first yet. Still, I had to have it just for the interior art and
the _gorgeous_ silk covers. It's one of the most beuatiful modern
novels from a design standpoint.

Neverending and The Princess Bride are among my favorite large-press books.

---Mike

Old March 16th 05, 10:20 PM

Mike Berro wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

"Alyson" wrote in message
nk.net...
I have a copy of original German version of Neverending Story by

Michael
Ende, copyright 1979 by Thienemanns Verlag Stuttgart. It is a

first
edition, but I cannot find anything anywhere about whether this

book
might
be worth anything or not.

I've got a second printing I paid..oh, about $30 US for. Haven't

seen
the first yet. Still, I had to have it just for the interior art

and
the _gorgeous_ silk covers. It's one of the most beuatiful modern
novels from a design standpoint.

Neverending and The Princess Bride are among my favorite large-press

books.

---Mike

Does the US 1st have the same nifty two-tone silk Auryn covers as the
German? I was under the impression it was just blindstamped. Might
have to track a copy down if that's the case.