J.J. Rousseau, in french, guestimate?

Old August 26th 08, 04:45 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Teni

Default J.J. Rousseau, in french, guestimate?

Hello!

I'm sure this book isn't worth much of anything from the collector's
perspective, but I'm also certain that its not just another 5 dollar
used book.

Its Jean Jacques Rousseau's Les Confessions (in french, not
translated)
Its a hard cover, with visible signs of wear, but no tears, rips,
etc.
It was published in 1846 in Paris. I believe that Barbier is the
publisher, although he is labeled as editeur.
It is illustrated with many vignettes (at least one every 10 pages or
so) through out the book "edition illustree" (all of the drawings have
been protected with tissue paper, so none are damaged, etc)

Really, I'm curious to know 1 how special it is or isnt, and 2 how
much I did (or hopefully, didnt) over pay for it.

Any input would be great!!

Thanks,
LeeAnna

Old August 26th 08, 05:24 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Teni

oh my! Thanks for the quick response. That must've been the only site
i didn't try searching for it on.
Old August 26th 08, 06:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
foad[_7_]

"Teni" wrote in message
oh my! Thanks for the quick response. That must've been the only site
i didn't try searching for it on.

Yes, I'm quite helpful. Unlike these other rotten *******s. So, Leeanna,
what are you wearing?

Old August 26th 08, 07:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Francis A. Miniter[_2_]

Teni wrote:
[...]

Hi LeeAnna,

See the following site which surveys about 15 different web
sites. Remember these are asking prices, not actual sales.

http://used.addall.com/SuperRare/sub...s&st ore=ZVAB

Condition matters a lot when determining value.

Francis A. Miniter
Old August 27th 08, 04:29 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
brian

"foad" wrote in message news:EcXsk.785$5C.233@trnddc02...
So, Leeanna,
what are you wearing?

nothing, we hope

Old August 27th 08, 07:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Francis A. Miniter[_2_]

brian wrote:
"foad" wrote in message news:EcXsk.785$5C.233@trnddc02...
So, Leeanna,
what are you wearing?

nothing, we hope

There is no excuse for such crudity. We should be making
people welcome, not driving them away.

Francis A. Miniter
Old August 27th 08, 09:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Teni

On Aug 27, 8:15*pm, "Francis A. Miniter"
wrote:
brian wrote:
"foad" wrote in messagenews:EcXsk.785$5C.233@trnddc02....
*So, Leeanna,
what are you wearing?

nothing, we hope

There is no excuse for such crudity. *We should be making
people welcome, not driving them away.

Francis A. Miniter

Ah don't worry. It's not the most appropriate question, but I'm not so
easily scared. Thanks again for the help all. I'll be back, someday,
when I have more money to splurge on expensive books :-D

LeeAnna
Old August 28th 08, 01:23 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Francis A. Miniter[_2_]

wrote:
brian wrote:
"foad" wrote in messagenews:EcXsk.785$5C.233@trnddc02...
So, Leeanna,
what are you wearing?
nothing, we hope

There is no excuse for such crudity. We should be making
people welcome, not driving them away.

Francis A. Miniter

Ah don't worry. It's not the most appropriate question, but I'm not so
easily scared. Thanks again for the help all. I'll be back, someday,
when I have more money to splurge on expensive books :-D

LeeAnna

What you want to do is spend _less_ money to get money to
get those expensive books - couple dollars for a worthwhile
book, for instance. Doing that is a combination of luck,
research and hard work (attentiveness to the bargain sales).
I, for instance, go at least once a week to some book
sale. Many are so-so, but several times a year you get
sales that have really, really good books. Take a look at
http://www.booksalefinder.com/ for sales near you. For
instance, I plan to be at the one in Redding, Connecticut
this Friday morning.

For first edition information by publisher, the best source
is to use WayBack machine (a web site) to pull up the
archives from the now defunct AB Bookman website. There is
a 34 page listing (in PDF format) of how each publisher
designates first editions. Then, too, comparative
information on condition and asking price from sites like
AddAll.com eventually gives you a reasonable idea of value.

Stay around and have fun.

Francis A. Miniter
Old September 6th 08, 10:32 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
[email protected]

On Aug 26, 11:45 pm, Teni wrote:
[...]

Ideal Group is focused on the oversea business of mold-making,
Plastic injection,rapid phototype made.

Dears

This is Phil Come from Ideal Group. www.idmould.com

We Know you Contact infromation from Internet,

Ideal Group is focused on the oversea business of mold-making,
Plastic injection,rapid phototype made.

All our Engineers are with good level of English understanding,which
give them the
ability on communication with the customers.

if you have any request related to plastic mould/plastic product
injection manufacturing,

please do not hesitate to contact us.

Your prompt attention to us will be highly appreciated.

Ideal Group
Ideal Mould Plastic (ShenZhen) Co.,Ltd
Vowin Mould Design (ShenZhen) Co.,Ltd
Phil. Tan Mobile: (86)13927493820
Skype: Justin6024

Email:

Headquarters: Da Tian Yang Industrial Zone, Song Gang Town, Baoan
District, ShenZhen, China

Tel: +86-755-21002716 21126048 Fax:
+86-755-26487662
www.idmould.com

Vowin Branch: 6th Floor, FuMing Industrial Park, Fuyong, Baoan
District, Shenzhen, China

Tel: +86-755-29981995 29981994 Fax:
+86-755-29981996 www.vowin.cn

W:Http://www.idmould.com http://www.made-in-china.com/showroom/idealmould