Wurlitzer 3300 solenoid, relay, or transformer?

Old February 5th 16, 02:11 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
George DeShetler Jr

Default Wurlitzer 3300 solenoid, relay, or transformer?

Hello wiser people than my self,

I'm helping a friend revive a Wurlitzer 3300. We are currently stuck with the solenoid that holds the selection buttons not fully retracting. And the J1 relay buzzing. I'm wondering if both or either of these are are being caused by a bad 24v transformer? Thank you for any direction or suggestions.

-George
Old February 5th 16, 02:48 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

On 02/04/2016 5:11 PM, George DeShetler Jr wrote:
Hello wiser people than my self,

I'm helping a friend revive a Wurlitzer 3300. We are currently stuck with the solenoid that holds the selection buttons not fully retracting. And the J1 relay buzzing. I'm wondering if both or either of these are are being caused by a bad 24v transformer? Thank you for any direction or suggestions.

-George

Hi George,

Do you have the operators service manual? It has a good troubleshooting
guide...

I do not recall if that circuit is AC or DC. If DC then a bridge
rectifier diode could be bad, and if AC it is more likely that a
connection is poor than the transformer is failing.

Check the voltage across the coil when it is energized. Should be around
24 V (AC or DC, can't recall). If it IS that voltage then check for
mechanical problems stopping the plunger from going all the way in.

Manual first though, always a good idea!

I sell them for $35 plus postage...

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
Old February 6th 16, 09:27 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
George DeShetler Jr

Hello John,

I do have the manual. It has helped get me to this point. I will have to do more research on reading the wiring diagrams. Thank you for your help.

Do you sell parts if it is the relay or solenoid?

Take care,
George

Old February 7th 16, 12:19 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

Hi George,

If you have the part number I carry a lot of NOS he

http://www.flippers.com/catalog/inde...wurlitzer-m-22

John :-#)#