Rockola Mirage 3000 CD Skip

Old October 14th 14, 07:15 PM
Jdooner Jdooner is offline
Junior Member

Default Rockola Mirage 3000 CD Skip

I am new to the jukebox world and just purchased a Mirage 3000 that needs some rehab. Currently, the cd skips. When looking at the mechanism it looks like the apparatus that comes down of the cd to hold it in place after it has been place on the player is wobbling. It almost look like a bearing is missing out of the apparatus. Anyone have any ideas?
Old October 15th 14, 04:44 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

On 10/14/2014, 11:15 AM, Jdooner wrote:
I am new to the jukebox world and just purchased a Mirage 3000 that
needs some rehab. Currently, the cd skips. When looking at the mechanism
it looks like the apparatus that comes down of the cd to hold it in
place after it has been place on the player is wobbling. It almost look
like a bearing is missing out of the apparatus. Anyone have any ideas?

It is possible that you have an early version of the CDM-12 player which
had a 'spider' like centering cone that was comprised of many small
fingers that fit into a ring, and the CD was pressed down onto this by
the clamp arm. The spider legs would break off and the CD would then
wobble and not play. For Wurlitzer CD machines (and some other
manufacturers I assume will fit) a replacement cone was made that may
solve your problem. Look at the description and photos here to see if
this will help you:

http://www.flippers.com/catalog/prod...-cdpro2-p-2961

There is an installation PDF you can download on that page to see if
that helps.

John :-#)#
www.flippers.com
Old October 16th 14, 04:04 PM
Jdooner Jdooner is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Robertson View Post
[...]

John,
Seems like this has a CDM-3 in it from 1991. It skips on some discs while playing others fine. The other issue I have is that the arm does not retact enough when picking up the cd off the player, which leaves the cd on the player, dropping the next selection reight on top of it.
Old October 16th 14, 09:16 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

-

http://tinyurl.com/ozkwbqn

There is an installation PDF you can download on that page to see if
that helps.

John :-#)#

John,
Seems like this has a CDM-3 in it from 1991. It skips on some discs
while playing others fine. The other issue I have is that the arm does
not retact enough when picking up the cd off the player, which leaves
the cd on the player, dropping the next selection reight on top of it.

Ah, that is a mechanical issue, and I can't help you with that I'm
afraid. I suggest contacting Rockola.com for a manual for your machine.

As for the problem with the CDM-3 skipping you should be aware that you
can only reliably play commercial CDs on it. If you are using home made
ones they don't always work well. Of course cleaning the lens of the CD
player and making sure the CDs are clean may well help. Use a lens
cleaning solution for cameras to protect the lens coating (if present).

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com