New ANA Executive director named

Old May 1st 13, 10:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Provasek

Default New ANA Executive director named

From the ANA press release: 1 May 2013

Veteran ANA employee Kim Kiick named Executive Director
Board Also to Retain Management Consultant

Kim Kiick, a long-time senior manager and Director of Operations at
the American Numismatic Association, has been named the Association’s
new executive director, replacing Jeff Shevlin, whose contract was not
renewed by the ANA Board of Governors.

Kiick, who began her ANA career in 1982, supervised day-to-day
operations as interim executive director from August 2011 through June
2012. She previously served as executive assistant to Executive
Director Edward C. Rochette, Associate Executive Director of
Operations, Membership and IT Operations Manager and Senior
Administrative Manager.

“Kim has been an exemplary employee of the ANA for more than 30 years,
and has been very effective in a leadership capacity for the past
several years,” said ANA President Tom Hallenbeck. “I strongly believe
that the leader the ANA has searched for during the past few years has
been on staff all along. Kim is well respected by ANA staff, the Board
of Governors and by virtually every member of the Association who has
met her.

“She brings a valued perspective that only a seasoned employee can
have, and has repeatedly demonstrated her leadership skills over the
past several years,” said Hallenbeck. “Her experience includes working
closely with eight different Boards over the past 15 years. She knows
the organization inside and out and understands the Association’s
educational mission.”

Kiick will assume her new responsibilities immediately. “My goal is to
work with the Board of Governors and our membership to build
excitement for our hobby and ensure the growth and health of our
Association,” she said. “In 31 years, I’ve seen the best and worst of
times and I hope the next few years will allow us to celebrate our
collective successes. We need to embrace our member and dealer
communities to assist us in preserving and growing the hobby and our
Association.”

Hallenbeck emphasized that Kiick’s selection provides for a smooth
transition with no disruption of ANA services and programs to
collectors and dealers. “The New Orleans National Money Show, Summer
Seminar, work on the new website, major projects in the ANA Library
and Museum plus all the other excellent services and programs provided
to members and nonmembers for the betterment of the hobby are moving
forward as planned,” he said.

Hallenbeck also said the ANA is retaining Unlimited Potential, a
Colorado Springs-based management consultant firm, to work with the
Executive Director, Board of Governors and staff to increase the
effectiveness of each and to improve communications and leadership
skills.

Unlimited Potential President Beth Papiano outlined several
deliverables to include, among other things:

• Helping the new Executive Director understand her role as well as
the Board’s expectations;
• Working with the outgoing and incoming President to define short-
term goals and priorities for the Executive Director;
• Aligning the new Board, Executive Director and staff on ANA goals
and roles and expectations for each in communication, self-assessment,
prioritization and staff engagement processes;
• Strategic planning, and
• Developing organizational structure, skills and support systems to
build a work culture that results in high performance and
satisfaction.

“As a Board, we believe it is extremely important to create a highly
effective team ensuring that the ANA’s governors, executive staff and
staff are working effectively for the best interests of our members
and the hobby,” Hallenbeck said. “I believe this commitment to
increasing our effectiveness will benefit everyone in the hobby and
keep us focused on accomplishing our goals.”

The American Numismatic Association is a nonprofit educational
organization dedicated to educating and encouraging people to study
and collect money and related items. With nearly 27,000 members, the
Association serves the academic community, collectors and the general
public with an interest in numismatics. The ANA helps all people
discover and explore the world of money through its vast array of
programs including its education and outreach, museum, library,
publications, conventions and seminars. For more information about the
ANA, call 719-632-2646 or go to www.money.org.
Old May 2nd 13, 12:46 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

BLOCK,COPY,POST - our boy can (marginally) handle that.

After 35 years membership, I'm about done with the ANA myself.

Instead of three years, I only sent in one this last time.

Oly
Old May 8th 13, 08:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Galikanokus

oly wrote:

BLOCK,COPY,POST - our boy can (marginally) handle that.

After 35 years membership, I'm about done with the ANA myself.

Instead of three years, I only sent in one this last time.

Oly

You mustn't continue to isolate yourself.

JAM