Slow times at RCC?

Old April 24th 10, 02:33 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
sgt23

Default Slow times at RCC?

?
Old April 24th 10, 03:28 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Scurvy Dog[_3_]

"sgt23" wrote in message
?

Clearly we need our leader Reid to start another one of his argumentative
insult-fests.

Old April 24th 10, 03:39 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Scurvy Dog[_3_]

"Scurvy Dog" wrote in message

"sgt23" wrote in message
?

Clearly we need our leader Reid to start another one of his argumentative
insult-fests.

Oh yeah g

Old April 24th 10, 05:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Michael Benveniste[_2_]

"sgt23" wrote:

It hasn't been a slow time for me personally at all. But
that means coin collecting has taken a back seat to other
things, and I've already snarked enough about "plus grading."

My most recent additions to my collection are a bit quirky.
One was an AU-58 1896 Spaulding & Co. So-Called Dollar. The
other was an MS-64 Red 1903 U.S. 1/2 Centavo. Hardly front
page news, at least not for more than a century.

I did send out a few coins to NGC, and got back the usual
mix of good news (a 3cn slabbed out in PR65), expected news
(an INS MS-65 Connecticut crossed at MS-64, an F15 doubloon),
and disappointments (my first NGC purple label for tooling).

Pretty boring, huh?

--
Mike Benveniste -- (Clarification Required)
Its name is Public opinion. It is held in reverence. It settles

Old April 24th 10, 06:59 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
sgt23

On Apr 24, 12:07*am, "Michael Benveniste" wrote:
"sgt23" wrote:

It hasn't been a slow time for me personally at all. *But
that means coin collecting has taken a back seat to other
things, and I've already snarked enough about "plus grading."

My most recent additions to my collection are a bit quirky.
One was an AU-58 1896 Spaulding & Co. So-Called Dollar. *The
other was an MS-64 Red 1903 U.S. 1/2 Centavo. *Hardly front
page news, at least not for more than a century.

I did send out a few coins to NGC, and got back the usual
mix of good news (a 3cn slabbed out in PR65), expected news
(an INS MS-65 Connecticut crossed at MS-64, an F15 doubloon),
and disappointments (my first NGC purple label for tooling).

Pretty boring, huh?

-- *
Mike Benveniste -- (Clarification Required)
Its name is Public opinion. *It is held in reverence. *It settles
everything. *Some think it is the voice of God. -- Mark Twain

No not boring at all. Some new's is better than no news. Is the
spaulding and Co. a gold dollar or Silver?
Old April 24th 10, 07:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
sgt23

On Apr 23, 10:28*pm, "Scurvy Dog"
wrote:
"sgt23" wrote in message

?

Clearly we need our leader Reid to start another one of his argumentative
insult-fests.

I try and avoid those extra curricular activities around here, my
blood pressure is kinda on its own.
Old April 24th 10, 01:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Michael Benveniste[_2_]

"sgt23" wrote:

No not boring at all. Some new's is better than no news. Is the
spaulding and Co. a gold dollar or Silver?

It's a silver piece, with 823 grains of coin silver to denote
the claimed value of a gold dollar and a "wagon wheel" to
indicate the size of a "government" silver dollar. The slab is
marked HK-785, but I don't have the Hibler and Kaplan reference
work.

Original toning, but with three rim irregularities/dings, and
entombed in one of the massive NGC multi-coin slabs. My
macro lens is out on loan, but it there's interest I can
shoot some photos.

Old April 24th 10, 02:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
sterrys@ no.spam.sbcglobal.net

Well, dayum, as they say in East Texas. Lets pad it out a little. Things I
don't have, have the money for, and can't find anywhere close to what is
pulished as a retail price. To finish out a type set. Since I deslab coins
to do this, I don't want to get too good a coin. This set is for people to
look at. Lib Seat quarter arrows/rays 1853 MS-60. Capped bust Dime 1828-37
MS-60 (prob 31 or 37). Draped Bust Cent 1796-1807, XF-40 (prob 1802/03/04).
Would love to help the economy.
Old April 24th 10, 02:26 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Nick Knight

In , on 04/24/2010
at 08:54 AM, "Michael Benveniste" said:

Original toning, but with three rim irregularities/dings, and
entombed in one of the massive NGC multi-coin slabs. My
macro lens is out on loan, but it there's interest I can
shoot some photos.

I'd like to see a pic or two, if you find the time.

Nick
Old April 25th 10, 01:58 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Michael Benveniste[_2_]

http://www.wemightneedthat.biz/Coins...auldingObv.jpg
http://www.wemightneedthat.biz/Coins...auldingRev.jpg

--
Mike Benveniste -- (Clarification Required)
Its name is Public opinion. It is held in reverence. It settles
everything. Some think it is the voice of God. -- Mark Twain

A slow let down. derbyboi General Discussion 0 April 21st 05 11:33 AM
NGC Really Slow Now ronrpk Coins 0 March 30th 05 04:22 AM
very slow lately... Junior010873 Autographs 0 March 31st 04 06:26 AM
Slow Day, but! Joe Rosa Autographs 1 November 14th 03 06:31 PM
Slow day. . . . PENMART01 Pens & Pencils 0 July 5th 03 09:22 PM