Sheriff sets up Web site for stolen items

Old February 7th 09, 02:11 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Arizona Coin Collector

Default Sheriff sets up Web site for stolen items

Hello

On the story below, some of the items I liked.

(Silver? looks gold to me!)
http://www.co.washington.or.us/cgi/e...c+DSC_0100.JPG

http://www.co.washington.or.us/cgi/e...c+DSC_0076.JPG

http://www.co.washington.or.us/cgi/e...c+DSC_0125.JPG

(1/16 az gold coin)
http://www.co.washington.or.us/cgi/e...c+DSC_0300.JPG

(silver coin)
http://www.co.washington.or.us/cgi/e...c+IMG_3925.JPG

FROM:
http://www.oregonlive.com/news/argus...500.xml&coll=6

Sheriff sets up Web site for stolen items

Friday, February 06, 2009
The Hillsboro Argus

The Washington County Sheriff's Office invites
residents to peruse photographs online of more
than 5,000 pieces of stolen property recovered
during the service of a search warrant.

The site, www.helpIDproperty.com, includes
pictures of jewelry, gems, knives, coins and
other items believed stolen during burglaries
in the Aloha and Rock Creek areas over the
last year.

Police believe Christopher R. Mabrey, 44, sold
the stolen items to Karen Moller of Portland,
who was selling some of the items on eBay.
Moller told investigators that she has been
buying used jewelry for years and making her
living as an unlicensed secondhand dealer, much
like a pawn shop.

Mabrey is lodged in Washington County Jail on
charges of burglary and aggravated theft. Charges
against Moller, 60, are pending in Multnomah
County.

Ten investigators sorted and catalogued more
than 5,500 items of evidence. The site is easy
to use and will send an e-mail inquiry to the
detective investigating the case.

Proof of ownership, such as a police report
filed at the time of the theft, a verifiable
photograph or a bill of sale is required to
release the item.

Detectives advise people to document their
belongings. Placing a sales receipt alongside
an item in a photograph is an excellent way to
prove ownership and helps victims of theft.

Old February 7th 09, 09:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jon Purkey

On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 18:11:19 -0700, "Arizona Coin Collector"
wrote:

Hello

On the story below, some of the items I liked.

(Silver? looks gold to me!)
http://www.co.washington.or.us/cgi/e...c+DSC_0100.JPG

http://www.co.washington.or.us/cgi/e...c+DSC_0076.JPG

http://www.co.washington.or.us/cgi/e...c+DSC_0125.JPG

(1/16 az gold coin)
http://www.co.washington.or.us/cgi/e...c+DSC_0300.JPG

(silver coin)
http://www.co.washington.or.us/cgi/e...c+IMG_3925.JPG

Some, like the cat "coins", probably have more sentimental value to
the people they were stolen from than any real value.

I wonder how much this sold for originally:

http://www.co.washington.or.us/cgi/e...c+DSC_0109.JPG

I'm guessing a wee-bit more than the $1.91 worth of coins it contains.
Old February 7th 09, 11:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
sgt23

http://www.co.washington.or.us/cgi/e...searchstring=m....

http://www.co.washington.or.us/cgi/e...searchstring=m....

http://www.co.washington.or.us/cgi/e...searchstring=m....

(1/16 az gold coin)
http://www.co.washington.or.us/cgi/e...searchstring=m....

(silver coin)
http://www.co.washington.or.us/cgi/e...searchstring=m....

Some, like the cat "coins", probably have more sentimental value to
the people they were stolen from than any real value.

I wonder how much this sold for originally:

http://www.co.washington.or.us/cgi/e...searchstring=m....

I'm guessing a wee-bit more than the $1.91 worth of coins it contains.- Hide quoted text -

I was wondering does any one know if there is a coin set with all the
plants on them and if so how much would it cost me.
Old February 7th 09, 11:24 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RWF

"sgt23" wrote in message
I was wondering does any one know if there is a coin set with all the
plants on them and if so how much would it cost me.

Plants, eh?
Looking for family portraits, you rutabaga?

Old February 7th 09, 11:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
sgt23

On Feb 7, 5:24*pm, "RWF" wrote:
"sgt23" wrote in message

I was wondering does any one know if there is a coin set with all the
plants on them and if so how much would it cost me.

Plants, eh?
Looking for family portraits, you rutabaga?

Sorry Planets... You know Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, Saturnine, and the
other 6 or 7 planets we have depending on what day we tune in to the
news.

Old February 8th 09, 12:52 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

sgt23 wrote:
On Feb 7, 5:24 pm, "RWF" wrote:
"sgt23" wrote in message

I was wondering does any one know if there is a coin set with all
the plants on them and if so how much would it cost me.

Plants, eh?
Looking for family portraits, you rutabaga?

Sorry Planets... You know Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, Saturnine, and the
other 6 or 7 planets we have depending on what day we tune in to the
news.

There's a German commem that shows the Solar System. Maybe a Polish one as
well, I'd have go look.

James

Old February 8th 09, 01:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

sgt23 wrote:
On Feb 7, 5:24 pm, "RWF" wrote:
"sgt23" wrote in message

I was wondering does any one know if there is a coin set with all
the plants on them and if so how much would it cost me.

Plants, eh?
Looking for family portraits, you rutabaga?

Sorry Planets... You know Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, Saturnine, and the
other 6 or 7 planets we have depending on what day we tune in to the
news.

There's a German commem that shows the Solar System. Maybe a Polish one
as well, I'd have go look.

James

As Coppernickers was Polish it's a fair bet that he's been commemorated on
Polish coins at some point. Billy

Old February 8th 09, 01:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

"note.boy" wrote in message

sgt23 wrote:
On Feb 7, 5:24 pm, "RWF" wrote:
"sgt23" wrote in message

I was wondering does any one know if there is a coin set with
all
the plants on them and if so how much would it cost me.

Plants, eh?
Looking for family portraits, you rutabaga?

Sorry Planets... You know Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, Saturnine, and
the
other 6 or 7 planets we have depending on what day we tune in to
the
news.

There's a German commem that shows the Solar System. Maybe a
Polish one as well, I'd have go look.

James

As Coppernickers was Polish it's a fair bet that he's been
commemorated on Polish coins at some point. Billy

If he isn't, he'd be the only important Polish personage (or minor
national anniversary) that hasn't had a commem from the Polish mint in
the past two decades.

He must be in there somewhere.

Old February 8th 09, 06:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jon Purkey

On Sat, 7 Feb 2009 14:34:24 -0800 (PST), sgt23
wrote:

On Feb 7, 5:24*pm, "RWF" wrote:
"sgt23" wrote in message

I was wondering does any one know if there is a coin set with all the
plants on them and if so how much would it cost me.

Plants, eh?
Looking for family portraits, you rutabaga?

Sorry Planets... You know Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, Saturnine, and the
other 6 or 7 planets we have depending on what day we tune in to the
news.

There was talk about a commemorative set with a gold coin for the sun
and nine silver coins for the planets. The set would had been released
last year if the bill had pssed in Congress. It passed in the House,
but I do not not believe it passed in the Senate.ss

http://www.lacanadaonline.com/articl...ews/news03.txt

It would had been interesting to see, but a bit expensive to get all
10 coins, or even all nine silver coins at the typical $35-$40 price.