Tech help Rockola cd-8 jukebox

Old November 8th 07, 08:11 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
fweddybear

Default Tech help Rockola cd-8 jukebox

Hi All...

I have a (probably minor) problem with my box....I went to use it this
morning, and the thing picks the right cd... it places it on the platter
just fine...but it doesn't spin... well it does once in a while, but not
every time...if it doesn't, it will replace the cd where it belongs... if it
does.. it plays the cd....
It's been sitting for quite some time and i thought to clean up the
eye...still not much better....it plays less than it rejects the cd's....I
was thinking a connection problem, but not sure what to check..
What do you experts think??

Thanks in advance for any help..

Fwed

Old November 8th 07, 11:36 PM
DRebber DRebber is offline
Senior Member

Location: Lubbock, TX

Fwed,

Depending on which player (CDM-3, CDM-4HD or IND, CDM-12 / PRO) is in the box, a variety of problems could exist. Which player do you have? The CDM-3 looks like a square plate and will have a laser "caution" label in yellow and black. The CDM-4 Series will have the model number screened onto the top plate. The CDM-12 / PRO series will have the model number embossed onto the top frame. Let us know.
Old November 10th 07, 05:20 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
fweddybear

Fwed,

Depending on which player (CDM-3, CDM-4HD or IND, CDM-12 / PRO) is in
the box, a variety of problems could exist. Which player do you have?
The CDM-3 looks like a square plate and will have a laser "caution"
label in yellow and black. The CDM-4 Series will have the model number
screened onto the top plate. The CDM-12 / PRO series will have the
model number embossed onto the top frame. Let us know.
DRebber

Ok...Its a cdm12....but I think I've fixed the problem as it seem sto be
working jsut fine now... the box sat for a number of years without being
played... I was transfering cd's out of the box... also hooking up the
internal speakers again (unhooking the speakers from my stereo), and wanted
to make sure I had done all the wiring correctly when I discovered this
problem. What I did was take out the player unit, unscrew the circuit
board, and cleaned up (not that it really needed it) underneath there, and
manually operate the gear drive for the laser beam. I then put it back
together and for ha ha'a hooked it back up and haven't had a problem
since...soooo
I think problem is solved ...for now... lol

Thanks for offering to help out!!

Fwed

Old November 10th 07, 08:27 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

fweddybear wrote:
[...]

Sounds like the CDM12 transport needs to have some fresh Teflon grease...

An old trick for fixing CDM3 players is to open the bottom of the
turntable motor (small metal cap) and put in a couple of drops of oil -
Duralube is recommended) and work it into the motor spindle. This often
gets the little sucker running for another few years. Plus a drop on the
radial arm pivot (top and bottom) helps free it up!

John :-#)#

John :-#)#

--
(Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup)
www.flippers.com
Old November 11th 07, 12:24 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
fweddybear

"John Robertson" wrote in message
fweddybear wrote:
[...]

I 'll give it a try....thanks