Third-party Amazon seller

Old June 26th 11, 03:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
David Ames[_2_]

Default Third-party Amazon seller

A much-desired item was listed by three private sellers on Amazon.
The first canceled my order because she was unable to ship within the
time represented by Amazon. The second failed to ship and did not
respond to my e-mail sent through Amazon. I rechecked the seller's
"storefront." No transactions within the last 365 days. I am not
allowed to cancel my order. Well, my credit card expires in two more
years. Let's see what happens then.

David Ames
Old June 27th 11, 04:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Francis A. Miniter[_2_]

On 6/26/2011 10:59 AM, David Ames wrote:
A much-desired item was listed by three private sellers on Amazon.
The first canceled my order because she was unable to ship within the
time represented by Amazon. The second failed to ship and did not
respond to my e-mail sent through Amazon. I rechecked the seller's
"storefront." No transactions within the last 365 days. I am not
allowed to cancel my order. Well, my credit card expires in two more
years. Let's see what happens then.

David Ames

I really try not to buy on-line. Though the presence of
on-line sellers does give one a good sense of the market
value of a book.

I am curious, though. Does Amazon not allow you to cancel
an unfilled order? That would be odd, protecting a breach
of contract by the seller.

--
Francis A. Miniter

Mesure is Medicine þauh þou muche ȝeor[n]e.
Al nis not good to þe gost þat þe bodi lykeþ,
Ne lyflode to þe licam þat leof is to þe soule.

William Langland, The Vision of Piers Plowman
Passus I, lines 33 - 35
Old July 1st 11, 09:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
J[_2_]

On Jun 27, 11:20*am, "Francis A. Miniter"
wrote:

I am curious, though. *Does Amazon not allow you to cancel
an unfilled order? *That would be odd, protecting a breach
of contract by the seller.

I also wonder at The first canceled my order because she was unable
to ship within the
time represented by Amazon.

Either she has the book or she doesn't. How stringent are the
regulations?

Amazon mdobson Books 2 February 15th 06 06:32 AM
Seller expectations (aka Seller fantasies) Jim Seymour Coins 5 November 15th 05 05:37 AM
Amazon: how was it for you? Margaret Shiels Books 4 November 12th 05 01:21 AM
Amazon: how was it for you? michael adams Books 0 November 11th 05 06:47 PM