Find-

Old June 3rd 11, 06:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Joe Mc

Default Find-

I found this in my basement book stacks. I almost put it up for
auction at ebay as one of 10 books in a lot . I removed it from the 10
just so I could stay within the 10 lb limit for media mail. I then did
a look up on the internet for this book which I thought was not worth
much. Book is Year of the Tiger by Martin Fallon.
Hardback no DJ clean, ex library no other markings or writing. Dated
1963 no other dates on copyright page.This scarce and valuable book is
selling for a minimum of $300.00 on the internet. And that is for a ex
library book like this one.Check this out at addall com. If you can
find it for less let me know where. Made and Printed in Great Britain
by Charles Birchall & Sons ltd. Liverpool and London. Published by
Abelard - Schuman. Spine is tight no loose or missing pages boards are
clean and in good condtion no flaws except for library markings.

This book was first published in 1963 and rewritten in 1996 and
published again under the same title. See the information in the book
explaining this:
Year of the Tiger was first published by Abeland Shulman in 1963 under
the authorship of Martin Fallon. The book went out of print very
shortly after its first publication, was never reprinted and never
appeared in paperback.
The author was in fact Jack Higgins. Martin Fallon was one of the
pseudonyms he used during his early writing days. In 1994, it seemed
to the author and his publishers that it was a pity to leave such a
good story languishing on his shelves. So Jack Higgins has created an
entirely new framework to the original book, added some scenes and
made some changes throughout.
Old June 3rd 11, 06:26 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
David Harper

"Joe Mc" wrote in message

----
I removed it from the 10 just so I could stay within the 10 lb limit for
media mail.
----

FYI, the Media Mail weight limit is 70 lbs.

- David Harper

Old June 3rd 11, 06:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Joe Mc

When I posted to ebay with media mail over 10 lb it gave me a error
message telling me such. Are you sure it hasn't changed? The USPS is
hurtin for money. Otherwise I guess its some kind of blip with ebays
programming.

----

Old June 3rd 11, 06:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Joe Mc

"Joe Mc" wrote in message

----
I removed it from the 10 just so I could stay within the 10 lb limit for
media mail.
----

FYI, the Media Mail weight limit is 70 lbs.

- David Harper- Hide quoted text -

I found this
http://www.usps.com/prices/media-mail-prices.htm
I don't know why I got that message at ebay but Im glad I did so I
did.nt include the book. Ebay has been getting kinda wierd in a lot of
ways.
Old June 3rd 11, 08:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
David Harper

"Joe Mc" wrote in message
On Jun 3, 12:30 pm, Joe Mc wrote:

When I posted to ebay with media mail over 10 lb it gave me a error
message telling me such. Are you sure it hasn't changed? The USPS is
hurtin for money. Otherwise I guess its some kind of blip with ebays
programming.

If you classified your eBay listing as Book(s), then eBay only allows you to
charge $4.00 for Flat Rate shipping. This might be the error you received.
You can get around that by specifying "Calculated Shipping", and put in
whatever shipping and handling charges you like.

- David Harper