Pullman, The Golden Compass 1st American

Old August 17th 10, 12:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Francis A. Miniter[_2_]

Default Pullman, The Golden Compass 1st American

For a mere $3 today I got a 1st printing of the 1st American
edition of Philip Pullman's The Golden Compass (Knopf 1996),
fine in fine condition. I think the most important thing in
book collecting (outside of gaining the requisite knowledge
of books) is hunting every day. And fortunately for me,
Connecticut is the Happy Hunting Grounds. With all the
Goodwill stores, Savers, library book sales, second hand
stores, and tag sales, there is always somewhere to look all
the time.

--
Francis A. Miniter

In dem Lande der Pygmäen
gibt es keine Uniformen,
weder Abzeichen, noch irgend welche Normen,
Und Soldaten sind dort nicht zu sehen.

Siegfried von Vegesack, "Es gibt keine Uniformen"
from In dem Lande der Pygmäen
Old August 17th 10, 12:56 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
J[_2_]

On Aug 16, 7:13*pm, "Francis A. Miniter"
wrote:
For a mere $3 today I got a 1st printing of the 1st American
edition of Philip Pullman's The Golden Compass (Knopf 1996),
fine in fine condition.

Oh, congratulations! It's a wonderful trilogy, I think, certainly as
well suited for adults as for YA readers.
Old August 17th 10, 01:50 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Francis A. Miniter[_2_]

wrote:
For a mere $3 today I got a 1st printing of the 1st American
edition of Philip Pullman's The Golden Compass (Knopf 1996),
fine in fine condition.

Oh, congratulations! It's a wonderful trilogy, I think, certainly as
well suited for adults as for YA readers.

I can't remember who it was who said that a great children's
novel is really intended for adults.

Old August 17th 10, 02:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Jean B.

Francis A. Miniter wrote:
For a mere $3 today I got a 1st printing of the 1st American edition of
Philip Pullman's The Golden Compass (Knopf 1996), fine in fine
condition. I think the most important thing in book collecting (outside
of gaining the requisite knowledge of books) is hunting every day. And
fortunately for me, Connecticut is the Happy Hunting Grounds. With all
the Goodwill stores, Savers, library book sales, second hand stores, and
tag sales, there is always somewhere to look all the time.

Kudos to you, both on the book and on hunting every day. I have
been rather lax this year, because I am kind-of preoccupied with
moving--a large part of which is building and finding shelves for
books and sorting the books that need to be spliced into the books
that are currently shelved. EEEK!

--
Jean B.
Old August 24th 10, 02:28 AM
carolyny476 carolyny476 is offline
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis A. Miniter[_2_] View Post
For a mere $3 today I got a 1st printing of the 1st American
edition of Philip Pullman's The Golden Compass (Knopf 1996),
fine in fine condition. I think the most important thing in
book collecting (outside of gaining the requisite knowledge
of books) is hunting every day. And fortunately for me,
Connecticut is the Happy Hunting Grounds. With all the
Goodwill stores, Savers, library book sales, second hand
stores, and tag sales, there is always somewhere to look all
the time.

--
Francis A. Miniter

In dem Lande der Pygmäen
gibt es keine Uniformen,
weder Abzeichen, noch irgend welche Normen,
Und Soldaten sind dort nicht zu sehen.

Siegfried von Vegesack, "Es gibt keine Uniformen"
from In dem Lande der Pygmäen
Thanks you for the post.

Pullman pen Roger Light Pens & Pencils 7 March 19th 11 03:44 AM
FS: 1984 "The Golden Age Of Canadian Figure Skating" 1st Edition Hardcover J.R. Sinclair General 1 June 21st 05 07:07 PM
FS: 1993 "Hockey's Golden Era: Stars Of The Original Six" 1st Edition Book J.R. Sinclair Hockey 0 November 13th 04 07:01 AM
FA: Pullman Co. stock cert. 1913 famous RR sleeping cars JSTONE9352 General 0 January 11th 04 12:58 AM
FS: 1984 "The Golden Age of Canadian Figure Skating" 1st Edition Hardcover Jim Sinclair General 0 August 4th 03 07:12 AM