WTB & Tech: Rock-Ola 2000x Laser 2000 Stuff

Old July 16th 08, 01:05 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
WEade[_2_]

Default WTB & Tech: Rock-Ola 2000x Laser 2000 Stuff

I just acquired a pretty nice Rock-Ola Laser 2000 (2000X) CD juke and am
looking for a few things for it, and have some simple questions.

The questions: I notcied some dips on the keypad and the computer. Does
anyone have the settings for these? I have the manual for programming it
but can't find anything on the dips.

The stuff I am looking for:
-- The 2 entry plates that screw onto the coin slot area
-- Wireless remote set-up
-- Bill validator

ANY and all help is appreciated! Thanks!

Bill

Old July 22nd 08, 10:10 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
DRebber DRebber is offline
Senior Member

Location: Lubbock, TX

Bill,

The dip switches on the keypad pcb will only set the sequencing of the
lamps in the front access door.

The original bill validator was a MAKA. It was a total piece of
junk. I have modified a 2000-X to use a Mars DBA attached to the
front access door. It wasn't too bad cosmetically looking and gave
the box extended life in a commercial environment. Something to
consider if you are operating it on a cash for play basis.

The only wireless remote that was offered on any of the early CD
Rock's was RF. It required a receiver unit which was mounted to the
top of the inside cabinet. I will look through my files and see if I
have any installation instruction. However, most operators at that
time would use the VC mounted to the back of the cabinet. Either by
leaving it in its original location or running wire for it to the
counter / bar area.

David
Old July 22nd 08, 10:39 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
WEade[_2_]

Thanks for the info!

Would you happen the have the dip settings? I just would like to know what
all I can set and to try it out.

As for the remote volume... I do have an older remote that works on the
1970's jukes. It's NOT the motorized one, so I was thinking of converting
it to use on the 2000X. Can I just rip out the pot that's inside the remote
and just replace it with one that's the same as what's in the juke? Seems
kinda TOO easy to revamp the wired remote to work with this box.

Bill

Old July 28th 08, 01:02 PM
DRebber DRebber is offline
Senior Member

Location: Lubbock, TX

Bill,

Unless the previous owner replaced the original volume control with something else, the factory volume control was designed to be removed from the back of the back and used as a wired remote. The backing plate for the remote was to be used to cover the hole left in the cabinet.

We usually added a terminal strip to the back cabinet wall for connecting the juke harness to our remote wire. That way, we could always keep up with the volume control harness.

BTW, the volume control pot is 10K Ohm. We have used the older plastic remotes by replacing the pot and rewiring.

I will send you the schema that deals with the DIP switches, but I have to send it from my "work" computer.