DPRK/North Korea & Trucial States

Old December 29th 07, 10:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Gary[_3_]

Default DPRK/North Korea & Trucial States

Hello all

I am seeking a bit of help from those of you more knowledgeable than
myself. I want to purchase stamp catalogues covering the DPRK (North
Korea) and the Trucial States. Can anyone give me any tips and/or
recommendations?

Many thanks

Gary.
Old December 30th 07, 12:10 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Gary" wrote in message
Hello all

I am seeking a bit of help from those of you more knowledgeable than
myself. I want to purchase stamp catalogues covering the DPRK (North
Korea) and the Trucial States. Can anyone give me any tips and/or
recommendations?

For the Trucial States I'm using the Michel catalogue Naher Osten because it
lists more stamps than other world catalogues.

Now, if this is a good idea or not, it's debatable :-)

I do not collect North Korean stamps, which is a personal choice.

--
Victor Manta

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

Old December 30th 07, 02:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rein

Victor,

I agree with you that this is a personal choice, but on the other hand I
feel obliged to warn anyone who likes to get involved with these pieces of
paper that they are not stamps at all, were never meant to have a postal
use and were manufactured solely to cheat innocent 'collectors' and to
bring cash to some 'debatable'
individuals or states

groetjes, Rein

Op Sun, 30 Dec 2007 00:10:19 +0100 schreef Victor Manta
:

http://www.opera.com/mail/
Old December 30th 07, 05:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Gary" wrote in message
Hello all

I am seeking a bit of help from those of you more knowledgeable than
myself. I want to purchase stamp catalogues covering the DPRK (North
Korea) and the Trucial States. Can anyone give me any tips and/or
recommendations?

For the Trucial States I'm using the Michel catalogue Naher Osten
because it
lists more stamps than other world catalogues.

Now, if this is a good idea or not, it's debatable :-)

I do not collect North Korean stamps, which is a personal choice.

"Rein" wrote in message
news
Victor,

I agree with you that this is a personal choice, but on the other hand I
feel obliged to warn anyone who likes to get involved with these pieces of
paper that they are not stamps at all, were never meant to have a postal
use and were manufactured solely to cheat innocent 'collectors' and to
bring cash to some 'debatable'
individuals or states

I have the impression that some things got mixed up.

The fact that I don't collect North Korea stamps is a personal choice, and
therefore is not debatable, like also the fact that I'm using the Naher
Osten Michel catalogue. :-) AFAIK, there aren't particular problems with the
North Korea stamps in what concerns their "legality".

That most of the Trucial States stamps are listed in Naher Osten Michel
catalogue is a fact too, but if somebody knows about a world catalogue that
lists even more of them, I would be glad to learn about it.

What is debatable is if the many Trucial States stamps listed in Michel
catalogue Naher Osten should be collected or not. The problem with them is
that they aren't all alike, that so (too!) many of them are suspect but also
that some of them were printed legally, and that a few of them were even
used for postal purposes. There are stamp collectors who are very interested
in really used stamps, that are scarce or even rare.

Of course Rein is right when he warns the less suspecting stamp collectors
about the Dune stamps!