Albums?

Old March 13th 10, 09:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
dlhii

Default Albums?

Hello

I recently purchased a partial album of silver eagles. The album is a
'mint' album I think maybe Harris made them, there are green tarnish
spots on a couple of the eagles. I have the balance to complete the
album but am cautious due to the tarnished coins.

I like the concept of the album, at least for these coins, and was
looking at (?) better makes. I've reviewed Dansco and Littleton. With
a slip case a corrosion pages the Littleton looks like the best
choice.

Might anyone have ideas of manufacturers in album format that offer
assistance in corrosion protection.

Don.
Old March 13th 10, 10:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

dlhii wrote:
Hello

I recently purchased a partial album of silver eagles. The album is a
'mint' album I think maybe Harris made them, there are green tarnish
spots on a couple of the eagles. I have the balance to complete the
album but am cautious due to the tarnished coins.

I like the concept of the album, at least for these coins, and was
looking at (?) better makes. I've reviewed Dansco and Littleton. With
a slip case a corrosion pages the Littleton looks like the best
choice.

Might anyone have ideas of manufacturers in album format that offer
assistance in corrosion protection.

Dansco sells what they call an "Archival Quality Slipcase" with
"Silver-Guard Corrosion-Inhibiting Protection." They come in six sizes and
retail for $9.45 each, according to the latest price list I have.

I don't know for sure how these work, but they talk about a "2-mil coating
for years of protection." I might guess that they work on the same
principle as storage chests for sterling silverware, which contain
sacrificial silver.

James

Old March 13th 10, 11:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

In article , dlhii wrote:
Hello

I recently purchased a partial album of silver eagles. The album is a
'mint' album I think maybe Harris made them, there are green tarnish
spots on a couple of the eagles. I have the balance to complete the
album but am cautious due to the tarnished coins.

I like the concept of the album, at least for these coins, and was
looking at (?) better makes. I've reviewed Dansco and Littleton. With
a slip case a corrosion pages the Littleton looks like the best
choice.

Might anyone have ideas of manufacturers in album format that offer
assistance in corrosion protection.

Don.

was it slimey like pvc gets?

Old March 14th 10, 11:24 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_7_]

? "dlhii" ?????? ??? ??????
Hello

I recently purchased a partial album of silver eagles. The album is a
'mint' album I think maybe Harris made them, there are green tarnish
spots on a couple of the eagles. I have the balance to complete the
album but am cautious due to the tarnished coins.

I like the concept of the album, at least for these coins, and was
looking at (?) better makes. I've reviewed Dansco and Littleton. With
a slip case a corrosion pages the Littleton looks like the best
choice.

Might anyone have ideas of manufacturers in album format that offer
assistance in corrosion protection.

Don.

I use Dansco and Intercept Shield.
My Silver Eagles in the Dansco album got toned after a few years (although I
had the anti-corrosion sleeve and pages...).
The coins in the Intercept Shield albums look like new!
I am not sure if the I.S albums are still produced but if they are I'd go
with them.

rgrds

Old April 10th 10, 09:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Paul

I've used the Intercept Shield album for my state quarter collection since
the series began 10 years ago. All of my coins in this album are still in
perfect condition. You might want to Google it to see where you can get the
IS albums.

"gogu" wrote in message
.. .

Albums Eldon Wakefield Coins 3 May 30th 05 10:31 PM
FA: 2 World Stamp Albums - (1946 and 1961) - STAMP ALBUMS Aaron Marketplace 0 April 29th 05 01:50 AM
Albums [email protected] General Discussion 2 March 31st 05 09:41 AM
FA: Scott Specialty Albums and Other Albums / Stamps on eBay [email protected] Marketplace 0 February 22nd 05 03:56 PM
Albums... WhoCares General Discussion 7 October 4th 04 02:27 PM