Richard Laymon info?

Old October 24th 04, 02:18 AM
ricoboc

Default Richard Laymon info?

I have a book by Richard Laymon (Dark Mountain) a.k.a (Tread Softly)
This is the first edition h.b of this new title...I was told it was a
book club by a local dealer, I strongly disagreed. the book is
numbered 123456789
Book clubs never do this, do they?
Also any idea on the value of this title, the book is in fine
condition.

All comment are appreciated.
Old October 24th 04, 02:32 AM
Kris Baker

"ricoboc" wrote in message
om...
I have a book by Richard Laymon (Dark Mountain) a.k.a (Tread Softly)

Which title is it? That's important.

This is the first edition

How do you know?

h.b of this new title

"New" title? It was first published 17 years ago.

...I was told it was a book club by a local dealer, I strongly disagreed.

Why?

the book is numbered 123456789
Book clubs never do this, do they?

Yes, they do.

Also any idea on the value of this title, the book is in fine
condition.

All comment are appreciated.

The more valuable "firsts" (UK and US) of this title were published
with the writer using the pseudonym "Richard Kelly", under the
"Tread Softly" title.

What exactly do you have? (Publisher, title, author, etc).

Kris

Old November 13th 04, 11:09 AM
ricoboc

"Kris Baker" wrote in message . com...
"ricoboc" wrote in message
om...
I have a book by Richard Laymon (DMountain)ark a.k.a (Tread Softly)

Which title is it? That's important.

This is the first edition

How do you know?

h.b of this new title

"New" title? It was first published 17 years ago.

...I was told it was a book club by a local dealer, I strongly disagreed.

Why?

the book is numbered 123456789
Book clubs never do this, do they?

Yes, they do.

Also any idea on the value of this title, the book is in fine
condition.

All comment are appreciated.

The more valuable "firsts" (UK and US) of this title were published
with the writer using the pseudonym "Richard Kelly", under the
"Tread Softly" title.

What exactly do you have? (Publisher, title, author, etc).

Kris

Kris,
I'm sorry I didnt make myself clear. (I have a book by Richard Laymon
(Dark Mountain) The new title I was refereing to was Dark Mountain,
not an actual new title, but the new title over the original, Tread
Softly). I know all about the published year. I know quite a bit about
this author.
My question was more or less about book club editions. This book seems
to be a book club edition. But it was numbered and this confused me. I
have many BC titles and none are numbered.

Heres the info on this book:

Published by BCA 1993
numbered 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
Title: Dark Mountain

Any idea on the stats of this book?
Old November 22nd 04, 05:43 AM
Lawrence Person

(ricoboc) wrote:

I'm sorry I didnt make myself clear. (I have a book by Richard Laymon
(Dark Mountain) The new title I was refereing to was Dark Mountain,
not an actual new title, but the new title over the original, Tread
Softly). I know all about the published year. I know quite a bit about
this author.
My question was more or less about book club editions. This book seems
to be a book club edition. But it was numbered and this confused me. I
have many BC titles and none are numbered.

Heres the info on this book:

Published by BCA 1993
numbered 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
Title: Dark Mountain

Any idea on the stats of this book?

As always, the Locus Database is your friend:

http://www.locusmag.com/index/b289.html#A4039

http://www.locusmag.com/index/b263.html#A3696

Since Locus lists the "first thus" as being a paperback, it would seem
likely that your edition is indeed a book club edition (if it lacks a
price, this is 99% likely). In either case, since the W. H. Allen
edition under the original title was a hardback, the "first thus"
hardback under the different title would have little intrensic value
to any but the most fanatical Laymon collector (who can probably find
copies fairly cheaply anyway).
Old November 23rd 04, 07:35 PM
ricoboc

(Lawrence Person) wrote in message . com...
(ricoboc) wrote:

[...]

Well, I wish what you said about Laymon books being cheap were true.
Here in the states its very hard to obtain certain Laymon books.
Leisure books and Cemetery Dance are the only publishers reprinting
his work. Leisure only offers a small portion of his titles. Cemetery
Dance offers special editions at fairly expensive prices. I could list
all the books not available in the states, but that would take too
long. I have to buy my pb titles from the U.K, with shipping I pay
about 12.00 for Headline Feature titles. Bidding on e-bay is much
worse. I know for a fact I could post the H.B title I mentioned on
e-bay and fetch a reasonable price.

John Hartford 8Tracks lurches 8 Track Tapes 4 September 4th 12 09:54 PM
Richard Biggs Memorial Show [email protected] Autographs 0 February 7th 05 07:33 PM
FS: Richard Pryor "Autographed" 8x10 Photo with COA J.R. Sinclair General 0 March 8th 04 06:03 AM
Ted Rami info Dutch Autographs 0 November 14th 03 04:56 PM
FS: Richard Pryor "Autographed" 8X10 Photo w/COA Jim Sinclair General 0 October 21st 03 06:05 AM