Please identify a Greek coin...

Old January 23rd 09, 09:59 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_8_]

Default Please identify a Greek coin...

Hi all!
I received this coin as a gift for my birthday but I know nothing about it.
What I know is it's a Greek coin, bought (and probably circulated) in the
Romanian shores of the Black Sea, Constanta city.
Any identification info and actual value would be greatly appreciated!

I posted pictures of the coin in a.b.p.n under the same thread title.

Thank you.

Old January 23rd 09, 03:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Arizona Coin Collector

"gogu" wrote in message

Hi all!
I received this coin as a gift for my birthday but I know nothing about
it.
What I know is it's a Greek coin, bought (and probably circulated) in the
Romanian shores of the Black Sea, Constanta city.
Any identification info and actual value would be greatly appreciated!

I posted pictures of the coin in a.b.p.n under the same thread title.

Thank you.

Just in case you do know what "a.b.p.n. is.

a.b.p.n = "alt.binaries.pictures.numismatic"

Good photos. Wish I could help you on this.

Old January 23rd 09, 03:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_8_]

Ο "Arizona Coin Collector" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
m...

"gogu" wrote in message

Hi all!
I received this coin as a gift for my birthday but I know nothing about
it.
What I know is it's a Greek coin, bought (and probably circulated) in the
Romanian shores of the Black Sea, Constanta city.
Any identification info and actual value would be greatly appreciated!

I posted pictures of the coin in a.b.p.n under the same thread title.

Thank you.

Just in case you do know what "a.b.p.n. is.

a.b.p.n = "alt.binaries.pictures.numismatic"

Good photos. Wish I could help you on this.

:-)
Thanks but it's just a little scanner with a quite low resolution...
It's max res is 600x600 while for such small coins (d=1/2") I usually scan
at 1200 ppi so the final picture is acceptably big.
I am out of country right now and I am using a portable scanner which is not
the best...
Back at home my good old Epson 2450 Photo is still doing a great job with
coins!

rgrds

TURKEY: "November "OFF PEAK" Tourism down 3.1 % from Last Year following greek funded PKK bombings of European tourists in Turkiye by greek trained PKK terrorists traveling on greek Cypriot passports"..... Vanquished Greeks Beg for the MERCY of King Seanie Coins 0 December 31st 06 12:51 PM
CAN SOME ONE IDENTIFY THIS OLD COIN [email protected] Coins 2 October 17th 06 09:34 PM
Please identify this coin for me? Logic316 Coins 3 October 27th 05 04:02 AM
Help identify this coin PC Coins 4 March 8th 05 04:40 PM
Identify coin? Gary Coppeler Coins 3 May 5th 04 05:29 PM