Dr. Who

Old May 18th 06, 04:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

Default Dr. Who

I came across a little gem locally...

In good shape, spine fine and subbing to extremities, several loose but
present pages, a copy of the Armada Paperback of "Dr. Who in an Exciting
Adventure with the Daleks" by David Whitaker. A split on the spin (no other
spine damage) and pages 89 to 94 loose but present in good shape.

Any SF types know what these are worth? No publication date but old - say
60s.

Willow

Old May 18th 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

"Pangarune Corner" wrote in message
I came across a little gem locally...

In good shape, spine fine and subbing to extremities, several loose but
present pages, a copy of the Armada Paperback of "Dr. Who in an Exciting
Adventure with the Daleks" by David Whitaker. A split on the spin (no
other spine damage) and pages 89 to 94 loose but present in good shape.

Any SF types know what these are worth? No publication date but old - say
60s.

Willow

Well, if as you say, the pages are only falling out but are still there and
the split in the spine isn't too big, I'd say anywhere up to a dollar. A
Canucklehead dollar, obviously.

Old May 18th 06, 05:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

"Pangarune Corner" wrote in message
Hmnmmm. Forgot to take you meds this morning, eh?

Never mind - second shelf in the medicine cabinet - and if you take them
now you should be fine for the day. Add a couple of aspirin just to keep
yourself in good shape.

Sorry, another mullethead used the meds lame earlier this week, so thhat's
the quota for this week. You'll have to come up with another limp retort. If
you're have problems try googling "Bilp Palmer." There's a wealth of
material there. As for your dopey papaerback, the most expensive copy on ABE
is $16, and there are no pages falling out of that one, so you'll have to
put off that hormone therapy for at least a couple more weeks.

Willow

Old May 18th 06, 07:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

As an outsider, what do you think of the human race?

It appears that others have noted your behaviour and commented on the meds
as well. That should tell you something. It is not that we do not care.
Most certainly not. Every list of this type needs a bad example and you
provide ours. I understand that villages have generally cut back on
budgets, so not as many positions are open to you as before but we are
willing to try if you can relocate.

Willow

Old May 18th 06, 07:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

As an outsider, what do you think of the human race?

It appears that others have noted your behaviour and commented on the meds
as well. That should tell you something. It is not that we do not care.
Most certainly not. Every list of this type needs a bad example and you
provide ours. I understand that villages have generally cut back on
budgets, so not as many positions are open to you as before but we are
willing to try if you can relocate.

That means a lot to me coming from a guy who had his penis cut off.

Willow

Old May 19th 06, 04:11 AM posted to rec.collecting.books

Coming from you - a "person" who found out early that his teddy bear hated
him at a very early age - an insult may be viewed as a compliment.

Strange how life is consistent, isn't it? From that teddy bear to all those
others...

Willow

Old May 19th 06, 05:49 AM posted to rec.collecting.books

fvndoc wrote:

"Pangarune Corner" wrote in message

I came across a little gem locally...

In good shape, spine fine and subbing to extremities, several loose but
present pages, a copy of the Armada Paperback of "Dr. Who in an Exciting
Adventure with the Daleks" by David Whitaker. A split on the spin (no
other spine damage) and pages 89 to 94 loose but present in good shape.

Any SF types know what these are worth? No publication date but old - say
60s.

Willow

Well, if as you say, the pages are only falling out but are still there and
the split in the spine isn't too big, I'd say anywhere up to a dollar. A
Canucklehead dollar, obviously.

What kind of fun doc does not like to see collectors having fun finding books
they enjoy?

Francis A. Miniter
Old May 19th 06, 06:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

"Francis A. Miniter" wrote in message
fvndoc wrote:

"Pangarune Corner" wrote in message

I came across a little gem locally...

In good shape, spine fine and subbing to extremities, several loose but
present pages, a copy of the Armada Paperback of "Dr. Who in an Exciting
Adventure with the Daleks" by David Whitaker. A split on the spin (no
other spine damage) and pages 89 to 94 loose but present in good shape.

Any SF types know what these are worth? No publication date but old -
say 60s.

Willow

Well, if as you say, the pages are only falling out but are still there
and the split in the spine isn't too big, I'd say anywhere up to a
dollar. A Canucklehead dollar, obviously.

What kind of fun doc does not like to see collectors having fun finding
books they enjoy?

Mulletheads pop in here all the time asking about the value of their books
and people like the tedious and awful Kris Baker routinely **** all over
them. Here some dope who should know better asks how much his or her
paperback with the pages falling out and a split spine is worth and all of a
sudden I'm a bad guy for mocking him or her. All right, not all of a sudden;
pretty routinely actually . . . Um, where was I . . . no matter. Anyway, he
she isn't going to enjoy the dopey paperback, he she is going to put it up
on ebay, so it's not like like I was raining on her his parade or anything.
And fyi, the fun part is meant to be ironical.

Old May 20th 06, 04:33 AM posted to rec.collecting.books

You are a very nasty person...

Perhaps I do not know as much as you do about certain books. Fine - that is
one reason why I came here - to learn more. Others here are helpful. You
are not. Exactly what you may know is rather well hidden behind your
posts. There is no irony in your posts - far from it. They are base and
insulting as a rule. Stating they are ironic is itself... irony.

I do not know you. You do not know me. Unless your habit is simply to
insult anyone you do not know - terribly impolite if nothing else - why
don't you just keep your nasty thoughts and words to yourself.

Willow

Old May 20th 06, 04:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

"Pangarune Corner" wrote in message

You are a very nasty person...

Thanks.

Perhaps I do not know as much as you do about certain books. Fine - that
is one reason why I came here - to learn more. Others here are helpful.
You are not.

Actually, I was very helpful. I told you your dopey paperback with the pages
falling out and the split spine was worth aboot a dollar canadian, or about
a quarter in real money. You just didn't like the answer.

Exactly what you may know is rather well hidden behind your posts. There
is no irony in your posts - far from it. They are base and insulting as a
rule. Stating they are ironic is itself... irony.

I didn't say my posts were ironical.

I do not know you. You do not know me.

And yet I know that you've mutilated yourself by cutting off your sex organ.
As do countless hundreds or thousand of other strangers. Why is that do you
suppose? I suppose it's because you're fruitloops.

Unless your habit is simply to insult anyone you do not know - terribly
impolite if nothing else - why don't you just keep your nasty thoughts and
words to yourself.

That's certainly one option.