what have I bought?

Old June 14th 05, 10:46 PM

Default what have I bought?

Old June 14th 05, 10:52 PM
Phil DeMayo

On 14 Jun 2005 14:46:03 -0700, "

If you bought what is advertised, you didn't buy what is pictured...or
vice-versa.
Old June 14th 05, 11:15 PM
James Higby

wrote in message
ups.com...

Looks to me like a pretty decent, high-grade circ 1921 Morgan dollar, maybe
worth more than what you paid. The seller appears to have made a few errors
in her listing, the most objectionable of which is to charge a half a buck
extra for using a credit card.

James

Old June 14th 05, 11:17 PM
Anita

On 14 Jun 2005 14:46:03 -0700, "

Looks like a 1921 Morgan, maybe with a mint mark. It is hard to tell
if there is something like an "S" in the MM place, or if it is a
blemish. There is no feather detail on the breast. I don't know if
this is due to poor photography, rub, or poor strike. Many of the
1921's have very poor strike. (Judging from Liberty's hair and overall
luster, I would say poor strike plus poor photography.)

It is worth more than you paid, so no worries. One thing I like about
the 1921's is that they are bright, lustrous coins. I suspect that
your coin will have a lot of eye appeal, even if it has poor strike.

Anita
Old June 15th 05, 12:00 AM
Nick Knight

In . com, on 06/14/2005
at 02:46 PM, " said:

I'm betting you GET some sort of silver round and not what's pictured. I've
seen more obvious picture "mistakes". Pictures can very easily disappear,
but the text won't until eBay deletes it. It you're expecting to argue for
a Morgan, I'd print out the page, quickly. I didn't bother to see if he's
hosting his own images or using eBay.

Nick
Old June 15th 05, 01:29 AM
Bob Peterson

My guess is the picture is not what I will get, but you never know. I like
these kind of bullion items anyway, so it's sort of a treat for me either
way.

Old June 15th 05, 08:17 AM
Bernhard Rich

When you receive this let us know if you got a Pig in a Poke.

Bought a nice set in the store today. Wes Chormicle Coins 4 March 11th 05 05:50 PM
Have I bought a fake? Mikey Autographs 5 December 7th 04 06:52 PM
Bought the coin - do you still follow trends anymore? Christian Feldhaus Coins 2 August 8th 04 04:23 PM
SuCCeSSeS - TTM / BOUGHT Todd F. Autographs 0 February 10th 04 09:17 AM
Anybody Bought Real "Unsearched" Wheaties? Alan, Anybody? Craton Coins 5 July 30th 03 01:35 AM