need help fixing nsm galaxy

Old September 15th 08, 06:33 AM
armyaviation78 armyaviation78 is offline
Member

Default need help fixing nsm galaxy

i just purchased a nsm galaxy in the US, that is not working, and i do not know anything about them........ The man told me that everything works on it, it picks up the cd and places it on the tray, but does not play. i have not picked it up yet so that is all i know. can someone please help me, maybe give a suggestion. thanks alot, Tom

i am picking up the machine today, but supposedly it spins the cd but does not play it. he said that it really needs cleaned on the inside. make any sense?

Last edited by armyaviation78 : September 17th 08 at 01:32 PM. Reason: update
Old September 15th 08, 11:08 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Keith Stelter[_2_]

Is the CD spinning or does it not turn at all?
Are you using a "real" CD or a home made one?
Some of the CD jukes won't play home made CD's.
If it just spins for 20 or 30 seconds and then stops or puts the CD back,
get a CD lens cleaning disc and run it in the juke.
If it selects and runs through the whole song and puts it back normally, you
probably have an amp problem.
Without any more details that's about all I can tell you.

"armyaviation78" wrote in
message .. .

--
armyaviation78

Old September 17th 08, 01:31 PM
armyaviation78 armyaviation78 is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyaviation78 View Post
Old September 17th 08, 10:20 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ken Layton

Contact tech support at the manufacturer:

www.nsmmusic.com

Old September 18th 08, 06:29 AM
armyaviation78 armyaviation78 is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Layton View Post
Contact tech support at the manufacturer:

www.nsmmusic.com
ok, one last try before i order the manual. by the way can you download the manual anywhere on the internet for free???
I go the machine today. not very happy about the condition and am missing a few pieces but what do you expect for $100. i plugged it in and i heard the amp and speakers kick on. the lights work, the card flipper works, the coin acceptor works, the keyboard works but thats it. i loaded one cd in a tray and tried to play it. nothing! i unplugged it, checked for loose wires and found the ground for the cd player unit disconnected. i plugged it in and turned it on and nothing. i then hit this little metal button on the front of the cd player unit and the unit went up and picked up the cd and loaded it. Then nothing. it didnt spin or anything. it started flashing a series of numbers on the display and there was a red blinking light on the main circuit board. just above it there is four more red lights and they were all on. Any guesses??????????????????????????????? also where can i get the different plastic decorative panels to replace mine? thanks

i eventually got it to spin but all it does is spin in the reader

Last edited by armyaviation78 : September 18th 08 at 11:20 PM. Reason: update

Fixing a cheapie FP Bill Eraser Pens & Pencils 0 January 2nd 05 08:44 PM
Fixing a cheapie FP Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell Pens & Pencils 2 December 17th 04 07:19 AM
fixing a lie DOGGIE104 8 Track Tapes 3 August 8th 04 04:09 PM
Dangers of Fixing 8Ts The Poodlebutt 8 Track Tapes 7 July 15th 04 08:51 PM
Fixing Player, please help winnard 8 Track Tapes 2 July 23rd 03 03:45 AM