Arrogant Ebay

Old August 6th 03, 01:43 PM
Bill Turner

Frank Provasek wrote:
I sometimes

SPAM those who bid on my auctions

Got a PHONE CALL from ebay warning me not to send any more spam email to "their" customers.

The buyers of my merchandise are MY customers.

So I think I have the right to SPAM them.

I asked the guy ... WHO was the complainer...

so I could retaliate against anyone trying to protect themselves...

sorry - that's confidential.

And Ebay wouldn't cooperate.

Boo hoo!

Frank, maybe you'll be lucky next time and somebody will just sue you
instead of reporting you to Ebay. If you don't how Ebay works, find
another venue.

Ebay Powerseller FRANKCOINS

SOMEONE TO AVOID

Old August 6th 03, 01:53 PM
Bertha

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 06:24:04 GMT, Frank Provasek
muttered something like:

I asked the guy WHAT email was someone complaining about,
WHO was the complainer, WHAT IP address did it originate from,
WHEN was it sent, HOW did they know it was not edited or entirely
fabricated in a text editor...

sorry - that's confidential.

Good for ebay. Not giving the email address prevents "listwashing," and
forces the mail sender to take proper measures to ensure a clean, fully
opt-in mailing list. http://mail-abuse.org/manage.html

Hopefully you're confirming that each and every one of these people WANTS
to be on your list before you start sending them mail. Ebay is right to
be aggressive about the spam issue; if I were going to get added to
another damn spam list every time I bought something on ebay, I wouldn't
be buying anything. Very bad for ebay.

-Bertha
--
The other day upon the stair
I met a man who wasn't there.
Old August 6th 03, 03:04 PM
Kimberly Murphy-Smith

My spider-sense tingled when (Frank
Provasek) wrote:

I sometimes send email to my ebay customers when I put up a lot of new
stuff at one cent start and no reserve. I have their email addresses from
them writing to ME (not sent through ebay's system.) Got a PHONE CALL from
ebay warning me not to send any more spam email to "their" customers.

I thought "customers" were the ones who pay the money. I pay ebay
$200 to $400 a month in fees. I am THEIR customer. The buyers of my
merchandise are MY customers.

I asked the guy WHAT email was someone complaining about,
WHO was the complainer, WHAT IP address did it originate from,
WHEN was it sent, HOW did they know it was not edited or entirely
fabricated in a text editor...

sorry - that's confidential.

Well, you know, I'd be ticked off, too.

At the end of every auction mail I send as a seller, I list the
subscription address of my mailing list, where a buyer who wants to be
notified when I list something can sign up. Voila, I never have an
issue with someone crying "spam" because THEY have to sign up and the
sign-up process includes a verification step (a "double opt-in").
Maybe you should look into setting something like this up so that your
customers who really DO want to know about your auctions have a way to
let you know.

Kimberly Murphy-Smith --

http://members.aol.com/kimmurphy/

Kimberly's Barbie Collection:
http://members.aol.com/kimmurphy/barbies.html
Old August 6th 03, 03:09 PM
a. linklurker

"RipCurl" wrote
John Staines wrote:
I wasn't enquiring about what else he had for sale only the item that
was up for auction. A reply of "US only thanks" would have been the
required answer.

MindElec wrote:

Please dont top post and learn to trim

Yeah: you tell 'em, RipCurl.

link

Old August 6th 03, 03:09 PM
a. linklurker

"Frank Provasek"

Old August 6th 03, 05:03 PM
Todd Nevius

None wrote:

"Frank Provasek" wrote

I sometimes send email to my ebay customers when I put up a lot of new
stuff at one cent start and no reserve. I have their email addresses from
them writing to ME (not sent through ebay's system.) Got a PHONE CALL from
ebay warning me not to send any more spam email to "their" customers.

------------
SPAM mailings cost you more bids than you gain.

It's not spam if you have a previous business relationship with
someone.
Old August 6th 03, 05:18 PM
Kris Baker

"Todd Nevius" wrote in message
None wrote:

"Frank Provasek" wrote

I sometimes send email to my ebay customers when I put up a lot of new
stuff at one cent start and no reserve. I have their email addresses

from
them writing to ME (not sent through ebay's system.) Got a PHONE CALL

from
ebay warning me not to send any more spam email to "their" customers.

------------
SPAM mailings cost you more bids than you gain.

It's not spam if you have a previous business relationship with
someone.

Per eBay's rules, you can only "spam" people who have pre-approved
you to do so.

Kris

Old August 6th 03, 05:24 PM
Linda

I respectfully disagree. If the person hasn't asked or "opted in" to a
mailing list, if you mail them (particularly with no "opt out" option),
without them asking for it, to sell them something, it's spam.

Old August 6th 03, 05:31 PM
Katra

Todd Nevius wrote:

None wrote:

"Frank Provasek" wrote

I sometimes send email to my ebay customers when I put up a lot of new
stuff at one cent start and no reserve. I have their email addresses from
them writing to ME (not sent through ebay's system.) Got a PHONE CALL from
ebay warning me not to send any more spam email to "their" customers.

then it is spam. Personally, I don't appreciate getting spams from
previous ebay transactions. I report them to ebay. If I want your items
once I have made a purchase, *I* will look for them on my own on ebay.

K.

--
^,,^ Cats-haven Hobby Farm ^,,^ ^,,^

Breast Implants are the Stupidest idea ever. If I wanted to fondle
$10,000.oo worth of Silicon, I'd buy a new computer! --Anon.

Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...s&userid=katra

Ebay Email Scams.........Letter and Ebay response CalRima Autographs 2 August 23rd 04 02:43 AM
Ebay autograph policy Gummby3 Autographs 0 April 16th 04 01:29 AM
do not forward OFF this group that Xlist dahoov2 Autographs 4 March 9th 04 04:45 AM
eBay spoofs John Yamamoto-Wilson Books 0 January 23rd 04 01:46 AM
Ebay FRAUD alert ThomasTeeter Juke Boxes 6 January 22nd 04 05:34 AM