IMDbPro

Old June 28th 03, 02:19 AM
Dahoov2

Default IMDbPro

Most of the stuff on IMDB is on Star Archive. The one or two that
aren't are NOT worth it and of those couple, you can probably find
them by looking on Google and doing a little research. That pay thing
didn't start too long ago.

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 12:23:25 +1200, "J Smith"
wrote:

Hi

I am still new to collecting and over the past year I have just been using
SA and this news gorup as my source for info. I am now thinking of getting
into it more and was thinking of joining IMDBPro.

Does anyone here use it and how do they find it? What sort of extra
information does it have?

Cheers

Old June 28th 03, 02:42 AM
J Smith

Thanks

What would you recommend subscribing to? as a good sources of Addresses,
and production news, I am in New Zealand, so I can not go down to the local
shops and buy magazines.

Cheers

Old June 28th 03, 08:44 AM
Beat Kunz

Hi,

"J Smith" schrieb:
What would you recommend subscribing to? as a good sources of Addresses,
and production news, I am in New Zealand, so I can not go down to the

local
shops and buy magazines.

I live in Switzerland, so I can't buy magazines in the local shop either!
I've been using StarDirectory for more than one year and I'm very happy with
it.
It's most reliable, up to now I've had only one or two "Return to Sender"
failures. You'll find several addresses for one celebrity and also a section
with addresses of the sets of movies currently in production.

StarDirectory now exists in its online version. It is a big improvement on
Star Directory as it can be regularly updated so users will always have
access
to the latest information.

Features of the site include:
- Search by name or date of birth, or browse through all listed celebrities
by
surname.
- Entertainment industry addresses.
- Sports addresses.
- Addresses for films/TV shows in production.
- Full support including a 'Request an Address' service.
- Scans of genuine autographs (there aren't many at the moment, but more
will be
added over time).

The usual subscription fees will be £14.99 for six months or £24.99 for a
year,
which is not too expensive I think.

If you'd like to subscribe, follow this link:
http://www.fanmailaddresses.com/index.asp?ref=15563BK

All the best,
Beat from Switzerland

Old June 28th 03, 03:32 PM
Dahoov2

For me, no service seems worth it. Most addresses are on Star
Archive, here, and by researching them on Google. I feel happier
finding most myself on Google, because I can look to find updated
things. Most well known stars are easy to find and if you can't, you
can always check IMDB for in production and research production
addresses anyway.

Most people who have pay services get their addresses the same way.
Only thing seemingly worth it to me would be the Hollywood directory
that is published by the industry. I thought of buying one and tried
to get a used one, but man, that's rough... they quiz you to death and
if you're not in the industry, it's hard to get.

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 09:44:28 +0200, "Beat Kunz"
wrote:

Hi,