Coin find at the Bank

Old December 3rd 03, 03:22 AM
Dan769

Default Coin find at the Bank

It's been a while for me to come across something, but filling in for an absent
teller I had the little ol lady and her rolled coin come in and go to the
teller next to me. After she "cashed in", I asked what it was. Not much except
for a roll of halves with Bicentenial and 1960 written on it. Heart started
racing envisioning a roll of Franklins and selling em on ebay.
Of course they weren't Franklins, I'm not that lucky. But they were a solid
roll of 1964 Kennedys, 4 D mintmarked and most are AU with 2 that look MS. Not
bad for face. I was told this is the same lady who has turned in many silver
rolls inthe past, so I got to keep an eye out for her.

Dan769
Old December 3rd 03, 11:59 AM
Geoff Aldrich

Dan769 wrote:
It's been a while for me to come across something, but filling in for an absent
teller I had the little ol lady and her rolled coin come in and go to the
teller next to me. After she "cashed in", I asked what it was. Not much except
for a roll of halves with Bicentenial and 1960 written on it. Heart started
racing envisioning a roll of Franklins and selling em on ebay.
Of course they weren't Franklins, I'm not that lucky. But they were a solid
roll of 1964 Kennedys, 4 D mintmarked and most are AU with 2 that look MS. Not
bad for face. I was told this is the same lady who has turned in many silver
rolls inthe past, so I got to keep an eye out for her.

Dan769

Nice find Dan! It's been a while since I've found any silver (since
Memorial Day weekend). I've asked for half rolls at the bank on a few
occasions, and I've gotten nothing but clads. I have gotten a few Ike's
every now and then at the bank, so I guess I can't complain!

One day that I was working (and this was quite a while ago), I was
working the express register and a customer came up and had an order
that was just under a dollar. She paid me with two halves. One was a
1954-D Franklin and the other was a 1960 Franklin! I almost said to
her, "Are you nuts? These things are silver! They're worth more than
face value!" But then again, I didn't want to tip my hand!

--Geoffrey