Rowe R-84 magazine wont scan

Old October 30th 03, 05:22 PM
Joe Alberti

Default Rowe R-84 magazine wont scan

HELP!!!! My R-84 got sick last night. When the machine was powered
on, it just sat there and clicked. When I opened the machine up, and
cycled power again, the magazine doesn't move, and it just makes a
clicking noise. If I manually trip it, it will pull a record from the
magazine and place it on the turntable. The turntable never starts
spinning. the tonearm then sets down on the record and then
immediately picks back up, and the record is then placed back in the
magazine. The machine then starts clicking again.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

TIA,

Joe
Old November 3rd 03, 03:24 PM
Joe Alberti

Thanks, Bob, but I found the problem. Upon closer examination, I
found that the 28V LED on the power supply was not lit. I opened the
power supply and found two 5 amp slow blow fuses. Neither one looked
like they were blown, but I popped them out and tested them with my
continuity tester. Sure enough, one was open. I figured while I had
it open, I might as well replace both, since if one went, the other
can't be far behind. I put it back together, and everything works
like a charm again.

Thanks for the responses!

Joe