Barbara Boxer victory party (ON TOPIC)

Old December 13th 04, 05:03 AM
Merlin Dorfman

Default Barbara Boxer victory party (ON TOPIC)

I've received an invitation to a victory party for Senator
Barbara Boxer on December 10. (Yes, I did contribute...) What
makes this on topic is that the party is at the Old San Francisco
Mint at Fifth & Mission. It would be a bit inconvenient for me
to get there, but isn't the building normally closed to the
public? Is it worth the inconvenience to be able to get inside
the building? What should I be looking at/for if I go?
Thanks for any replies.

Old December 13th 04, 07:46 AM
Ken Barr

In article , Merlin Dorfman
wrote:

I've received an invitation to a victory party for Senator
Barbara Boxer on December 10. (Yes, I did contribute...) What
makes this on topic is that the party is at the Old San Francisco
Mint at Fifth & Mission. It would be a bit inconvenient for me
to get there, but isn't the building normally closed to the
public? Is it worth the inconvenience to be able to get inside
the building? What should I be looking at/for if I go?
Thanks for any replies.

The San Francisco Museum and Historical Society is the new
"owner" of the building, and has been running public tours
for a number of months now, usually on Tuesday evenings and
Saturday afternoons IIRC. It's definitely worth a trip,
and be sure to ask where the cornerstone is located ...

http://www.sfhistory.org/Old%20Mint%20News.html

--
Ken Barr Numismatics
P. O. Box 32541 website:

Old December 13th 04, 01:30 PM
Brian Oakley

"Blaine" wrote in message
ink.net...
her brain

No use looking for that. They wont find one.
B.

Old December 13th 04, 07:20 PM
Harv

Besides the two Presidential candidates, with their fifty million plus votes
each, Sen. Barbara Boxer received more votes than any other politician in
the country, running for any office, be it congress, Guvnor, or anything
else.. six million votes..

Harv

Old December 13th 04, 07:23 PM
Scot Kamins

In article ,
"Harv" wrote:

Besides the two Presidential candidates, with their fifty million plus votes
each, Sen. Barbara Boxer received more votes than any other politician in
the country, running for any office, be it congress, Guvnor, or anything
else.. six million votes..

I suppose there was no way for a post with a title such as this NOT to
go immediately off-topic. [:: sigh ::]
Old December 13th 04, 07:56 PM
Merlin Dorfman

Scot Kamins wrote:
In article ,
"Harv" wrote:

Besides the two Presidential candidates, with their fifty million plus votes
each, Sen. Barbara Boxer received more votes than any other politician in
the country, running for any office, be it congress, Guvnor, or anything
else.. six million votes..

I suppose there was no way for a post with a title such as this NOT to
go immediately off-topic. [:: sigh ::]

It went off topic well before Harv's post. In fact Harv was
responding to an off-topic reply.

Old December 13th 04, 10:59 PM
Brian Oakley

"Harv" wrote in message
Besides the two Presidential candidates, with their fifty million plus

votes
each, Sen. Barbara Boxer received more votes than any other politician in
the country, running for any office, be it congress, Guvnor, or anything
else.. six million votes..

Harv

Yeah, and look what state it was in...
B.

Old December 13th 04, 11:54 PM
Harv

"Brian Oakley" wrote in message

"Harv" wrote in message
Besides the two Presidential candidates, with their fifty million plus

votes
each, Sen. Barbara Boxer received more votes than any other politician

in
the country, running for any office, be it congress, Guvnor, or anything
else.. six million votes..

Harv

Yeah, and look what state it was in...
B.

The State with one eigth of the entire population of the USA, the State that
produces more agriculture food for USA tables than any other, and the
seventh biggest economy in the world.. But of course, none of that matters,
does it..

Do we have to have this conversation again??..

Harv

Old December 14th 04, 12:01 AM
Scot Kamins

"Harv" wrote in message
Besides the two Presidential candidates, with their fifty million plus

votes
each, Sen. Barbara Boxer received more votes than any other politician

in
the country, running for any office, be it congress, Guvnor, or anything
else.. six million votes..

Harv

Yeah, and look what state it was in...
B.

The State with one eigth of the entire population of the USA, the State that
produces more agriculture food for USA tables than any other, and the
seventh biggest economy in the world.. But of course, none of that matters,
does it..

Do we have to have this conversation again??..

Harv

Do you have to have this conversation here at all?

Take it outside, children. The adults want to talk about coins.