Beware OF The 2007 New 5 Coin State Quarter Proof Sets and New Silver Proof Sets

Old January 31st 07, 12:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default Beware OF The 2007 New 5 Coin State Quarter Proof Sets and New Silver Proof Sets

I received 10 sets of each today.
I was really excited to get them so soon.
I opened some of the sets and wow the scratches and nicks and clouded area
where so apparent.
I finished opening them all up and they where all type of problem quarters.
I called the mint and they are all going back tommorow.
SO CHECK YOUR COINS CLOSE.

gcartright

Old January 31st 07, 02:44 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
numist

On Jan 30, 6:01 pm, wrote:
I received 10 sets of each today.
I was really excited to get them so soon.
I opened some of the sets and wow the scratches and nicks and clouded area
where so apparent.
I finished opening them all up and they where all type of problem quarters.
I called the mint and they are all going back tommorow.
SO CHECK YOUR COINS CLOSE.

gcartright

I've been lucky so far. Usually I put in an order for only one or two
sets at the on-set of issue and put in another larger order later on.
I have yet to receive any sets that needed to be sent back. Boy, I
hope I haven't just jinxed myself
Ric B.

Old January 31st 07, 12:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

wrote in message ...
I received 10 sets of each today.
I was really excited to get them so soon.
I opened some of the sets and wow the scratches and nicks and clouded area
where so apparent.
I finished opening them all up and they where all type of problem
quarters.
I called the mint and they are all going back tommorow.
SO CHECK YOUR COINS CLOSE.

gcartright

Got both my clad and silver quarter proof sets today and they're beautiful.
Sorry, guys. I hope there are a few nice ones left for the rest of you.

Bruce

Old January 31st 07, 02:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
?????

My Post from a week ago

Well I received my two 2006 American Legacy Sets today after returning the
previous ones. Now I'm returning these. Scuff marks on the PROOF coins,
one looks like it's had water dry on it leaving what looks like water spots,
hazing on several coins, one looks to have a grease mark from the die, half
dollar has scratches on it. Damn I think I got someone else's rejects.
Great quality control!

Follow up. Called the mint and told them I'd be sending them back. They
informed
me that I would not be getting a replacement. They just don't care about
quality anymore.
It's how much money they can make. Proofs are now placed into the holders
with machines
and are no longer checked for problems. What a joke!

Old January 31st 07, 05:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Eric Babula

wrote in :

I received 10 sets of each today.
I was really excited to get them so soon.
I opened some of the sets and wow the scratches and nicks and
clouded area where so apparent.
I finished opening them all up and they where all type of problem
quarters. I called the mint and they are all going back tommorow.
SO CHECK YOUR COINS CLOSE.

gcartright

GREAT! I ordered two of the 2007 State Quarter Proof Sets. Sure hope I
have better luck than you did!

So far, so good for the SQ Proof Sets. Keeping fingers crossed.

--
Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Old January 31st 07, 09:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Roßert G. Schaffrath

Gad! I had problems in the early days with the quarters and thought
they finally had the QC problems licked. I was always having to return
sets either for cracked cases, nicked coins or weird spotting. In the
last three years I had been very lucky. Perhaps the almighty $$$ is
driving the Mint to just give up and hope nobody will notice. A
majority of their State Quarters customers are probably non-numismatic
types and most likely don't even have a clue what a bad coin looks like
anyhow. I know in the past that when I had a problem they were very
helpful with exchanges. The most annoying aspect of the process started
when they dropped the free return shipping. Having to pay the return
shipping charges and then file a claim for a refund of the shipping
charges is very frustrating.

I usually wait until the full Mint sets are released in April/May and
buy Quarter and Mint sets in one order.