Where can I buy a magnifying glass in Toronto?

Old December 11th 03, 05:07 PM
iris2002

Default Where can I buy a magnifying glass in Toronto?

This seems to be a simple question. But I've been scratching my head
and couldn't figure out where in downtown can I go to get a magnifying
glass?

Please whoever knows it let me know.
I need it for reading. My teachers recently handed out a lot of small
print materials.

Many thanks

Grace
Old December 11th 03, 06:37 PM
Frank Emanuel

"iris2002" wrote in message
om...
This seems to be a simple question. But I've been scratching my head
and couldn't figure out where in downtown can I go to get a magnifying
glass?

Please whoever knows it let me know.
I need it for reading. My teachers recently handed out a lot of small
print materials.

I am not in Toronto but if I were you I would try any photography supply
store, they will at least be able to point you in the right direction.

Frank - Ottawa

Old December 11th 03, 07:36 PM
Eric Bustad

Frank Emanuel wrote:
"iris2002" wrote in message
om...

This seems to be a simple question. But I've been scratching my head
and couldn't figure out where in downtown can I go to get a magnifying
glass?

Please whoever knows it let me know.
I need it for reading. My teachers recently handed out a lot of small
print materials.

I am not in Toronto but if I were you I would try any photography supply
store, they will at least be able to point you in the right direction.

Most office supply/stationary stores carry magnifying glasses. You
might also check the "scientific" section of toy stores.

= Eric

Old December 12th 03, 05:35 AM
iris2002

thank you all.

grace
Old December 12th 03, 05:59 PM
Harry Voss

"Tony Brown" wrote in message
Try Wegg's Philatelist, corner of Vistoria and Adelaide.

"iris2002" wrote in message
om...
This seems to be a simple question. But I've been scratching my head
and couldn't figure out where in downtown can I go to get a magnifying
glass?

Please whoever knows it let me know.
I need it for reading. My teachers recently handed out a lot of small
print materials.

Many thanks

Grace

Try Optical shops or Optometrists.
This is where I picked mine up.
Cheers
Harry

Old December 29th 03, 05:07 PM
John Mycroft

My recommendation for a really good one would be an optician.

--
Cheers - John Mycroft
coryton_at_cobbsmill_dot_com

om...